Meet Sophia Olivia...aka "momma"

Guest RiverCityGang

Guest greyt2love

I am happy to introduce the newest member of my family, the River City Gang ....

"Momma" Sophia Olivia !!

DSC00586.jpg

DSC00564.jpg

She came home last Thursday ! Here are her foster parents when they brought her to me on the way to Grapehounds!

DSC00529.jpg

My new lovely lady came from North Carolina last Sunday, and when I saw her on our group's page of available dogs, I knew she was just what I had been looking for. A small brood mama, cat and small animal safe !! When she left the farm, she was adopted by Jeff, but unfortunately for him, he could keep not her, and he brought her north with a haul of other dogs coming from North Carolina.

Momma ran 100 races, and had 8 litters (40 offspring !!)She will be 10 in September. Time for her to have her couch ! Everyone who has known her loves her, and I am the lucky person who ended up with her ! No couch pictures yet, but she found her new bed right away !!

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00588.jpg

Her official name is "Kiowa Tom Long", she was known as Momma, and I have named her "Sophia Olivia ", for 2 great moms. Estelle Getty "Sophia" of Golden Girls ,who died the day Momma came to me, and another GT'er suggested "Olivia" from Olivia Walton, mother to the Walton clan of Walton's Mountain. Two strong and spunky mothers, just like my girl !!

She's a little girl. about 56 pounds.

DSC00535.jpg

Here she is with Rex, my senior boy..

DSC00582.jpg

With Caesar, my first who started me down this road ! She's the one in the lavendar collar.

DSC00561.jpg

With 2 year old Chloe...

DSC00567.jpg

With my puppy, 6 month old Marlee...

DSC00569.jpg

As you can see, she fit right in, right away !! Not pictured are the Yorkies and the Cocker Spaniel, or the 2 cats, all of which she is also friendly with !! She is such a sweet girl !! :wub:

I'm thrilled to have her home with me, and here are a couple pics of her beautiful grey face...

DSC00589.jpg

DSC00591.jpg

DSC00570-1.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

Thanks for looking and letting me share my family with you !!

And thanks to Susan of Jumping George for the speedy new siggy she did for me adding Sophia !!

Edited by greyt2love

Welcome home, Sophia Olivia! :confetti:banana She's a beauty. :wub: I bet she'll rule the roost in time. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest greyt2love
I love her smile!! What a beautiful addition to your already wonderful clan!!

BTW Marlee is getting SO BIG!!!!

It won't take long, Spyder will be SO big, too !! They don't stay cuddly little babies for very long !! Although, Marlee still does love to cuddle. There's just so much more of her!

How can you not fall in love with that beautiful face??? :wub: :wub: :inlove

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Congratulations!!!!

I love middle-aged broodies. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! :confetti:confetti:yay

:wub: She is a Beautiful Momma!!!!! Lots of Happiness

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

She is so beautiful, and looks so happy in her new home! Congratulations!! :yay

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest greytbuds

She looks wonderful to have done all she's done. What a beautiful lady and so lucky to have a new forever home!

Greytbuds

What a beautiful girl! Congratulations!

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest exracersmom

Did you adopt thru Nittany? Because our new boy, Chance (Terry Petty) came off the hauler and into our hearts from NC on the 19th also. They did bring a beautiful momma with them, she was so sweet.

She's a beauty! Congratulations! :confetti

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

She's so beautiful Deb. She looks just so at home and so mellow. Have a wonderful life sweetheart. Well I have no doubt you will! :confetti

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest greyt2love
Did you adopt thru Nittany? Because our new boy, Chance (Terry Petty) came off the hauler and into our hearts from NC on the 19th also. They did bring a beautiful momma with them, she was so sweet.

Yes, I did ! That's my girl !! Caesar and Rex came through Nittany as well.

Congratulations on your new boy!!