Wally Update

Guest CygnetC

Guest CygnetC

Sorry I haven't been around. I can't even begin to describe the last two months.

Basically Wally has been diagnosed with a tumor in his small intestine. Due to his health, poor prognosis, and how horribly he reacts to anesthesia/surgery I have made the most horrific decision of my life and have decided to make his last days as happy and fantastic as possible.

I have been crying for almost 2 months straight, and sobbing hysterically for the past two weeks. And though I still cry a few times a day I'm finally starting to realize that I need to be positive and just ENJOY him while he is still here.

Many hugs to you both.....

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

:(

I'm so sorry. I hope you can make some smiles to go along with all the tears, and that he will be comfortable and happy for longer than you expect.

Gentle hugs to both of you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm finally starting to realize that I need to be positive and just ENJOY him while he is still here.

True words of wisdom. :bighug Wally only knows the here and now. Cherish every moment with your sweet boy. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Carla

I'm sorry.

Please try to dry your tears and be strong for Wally -- he needs you now.

I'm a truly believe that dogs are acutely aware of our emotions and feelings. You are right -- ENJOY every second you have with your sweet Wally.

:grouphug:grouphug

I'm so sorry to read this. I've missed the stories of your crew and will never forget the story you told about the swamp race thing. The day you two just got all kinds of dirty on that obstacle course. You both looked so happy. I hope you two enjoy the days you have left together like you seemed to that day.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Guest greytexplorer
Make some fantastic memories and enjoy every second with Wally.

:grouphug

That is always my Plan B!!!

Hugs to you and Wally! Have fun and enjoy each other every minute!!!

~Pat

Peace and comfort to you. Wally is loved.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest vahoundlover

I'm sorry to hear this. :grouphug Enjoy your sweet fella, spoil him like crazy and cherish the memories. I hope you have a lot more time together.

Guest trevdog

Oh dear, not Wally........

Please enjoy all your time with him and try and put on a happy face around him, he will sense how you are feeling. Remember he doesn't know he's not feeling well. Go cry in the bathroom or something when you can spend a few minutes away from him, I found that has helped me before. Hoping there are a lot more good times ahead for you both.....

Hugs to you both.....

Bless your heart! :grouphug What a difficult situation and what a heartbreaking decision. I hope that you will indeed find joy in the time you have with your boy.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.