When The Light Goes Out

GreyKarma

I am fairly new to GT and want to express my sorrow for all the ones who have passed on.

I lost my girl in March after 10 wonderful years. As I read the posts my eyes do not stay dry.

To help me through the loss of "when her light went out" I feel that she is now a bright shining STAR in the sky lighting the way to the Bridge and we will meet again someday.

As I look into the eyes of my new girl, the hound spirit twinkles and glows.

Bless all who have passed and those who still need forever homes.

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

Guest redreed

I know what your saying, I lost my Tiger Shark almost two years ago. I rarely make it through the rememberance posts without tears.

I'm sorry about your loss, but I'm glad you found it in your heart to re-adopt. May you have much joy and laughter with her.

Pictures are always nice... (hint hint)

Guest HersheysMom

Thank you for that wonderful thought, and I'm sorry about your girl.

well said.

dam allergies.

Yes, mine seem to be acting up today too :cry1

So beautifully expressed - "When The Light Goes Out". We lost our Hobbes in April and my heart goes out to everyone when I read a post in Remembrance of another hound who has passed away. So many special and well-loved souls. I am sorry for your loss. There are so many here who know how you feel.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest HoustonGreys

:f_pink What a thoughtful post. I'm sorry you lost your baby girl. We lost our boy, Turbo, 6/29/08. "Remembrance" was the thing I read the least because I always cry through it but the sympathy, empathy and encouragement I received when I posted about Turbo made me determined to "buck up" and support my GT friends as they had me. This is truly a great group of people.

May you have many wonderful, fun-filled years with your new baby.

What a beautiful post...although I have never lost a grey I cry at every remembrance post. The world is a better place because of greys and the people who love them and I truly believe we grieve deeply because we love deeply.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest greymomx2

What a very, very weet post, and a wonderful, positive way of remembering your girl. I started crying before I finished your first sentence. :beatheart

I am fairly new to GT and want to express my sorrow for all the ones who have passed on.

I lost my girl in March after 10 wonderful years. As I read the posts my eyes do not stay dry.

To help me through the loss of "when her light went out" I feel that she is now a bright shining STAR in the sky lighting the way to the Bridge and we will meet again someday.

As I look into the eyes of my new girl, the hound spirit twinkles and glows.

Bless all who have passed and those who still need forever homes.

What a lovely post. I've lost two and my heart still breaks when I think of them. I look at my Aquitaine though and can see them in her. There is a strand of shared bloodline through all three of my girls and I find that comforting.

I can never make it through the Remembrance section without tears running down my face. The guy who sits across from me must really wonder why my work makes me cry.

I always cry when I read the posts in the Remembrance section. Especially since we lost our beloved whippet on 7/10/08. I tear up at my desk at least once every day, either reading the remembrance posts or looking at my pictures of Comet in my office. Luckily, I have my own office so people don't see me and think I've gone off the deep end.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I am another one whose allergies act up here on Remembrance - I have lost 4 and it never gets easy you know they are only with us on loan until they are called home. We get undying love and comfort from them while they are here. I am grateful for the memories I have of my precious fur kids and seeing how people care when you lose one helps ease the sorrow. Thank you everyone that has posted and helped me in my grief and to each and everyone of you everytime I read a post here I grieve and cry with you.

This was sent to me when I lost my first greyhound Shadow aka Shadow Do and I want to share with all of you

The Spirit Of A Greyhound

I was standing on a hillside in a field of blowing wheat,

and the spirit of a Greyhound was lying at my feet.

He looked at me with kind dark eyes, ancient wisdom shining through.

in the essence of his being, I saw the love there too.

His mind did lock upon my heart as I stood there on that day,

and he told me of this story about a place so far away.

As I stood upon that hillside in a field of blowing wheat,

in a twinkling of a second his spirit left my feet.

His tale did put my heart at ease, all my fears did fade away

about what lay ahead of me on another distant day.

"I live among God's creatures now in the heavens of your mind,

so do not grieve for me, my friend as I am with my kind.

My collar is a rainbow's hue, my leash a shooting star.

my boundaries are the Milky Way where I sparkle from afar.

There are no pens or kennels here for I am not confined,

but I'm free to roam God's heavens among the Greyhound kind.

I nap the day on a snowy cloud gentle breezes rocking me,

and dream the dreams of earthlings, and how it used to be.

The trees are full of liver treats, and tennis balls abound,

and milk bones line the walkways just waiting to be found.

There even is a ring set up, the grass all lush and green;

and everyone who gaits around becomes the Best of Breed.

For we're all winners in this place; we have no faults, you see.

and God passes out those ribbons to each one, even me.

I drink from waters laced with gold, my world a beauty to behold;

and wise old dogs do form my pride to amble at my very side.

At night I sleep in angel's arms, her wings protecting me,

and moonbeams dance about us as stardust falls on thee.

So when your life on earth is spent and you stand at Heaven's gate,

have no fear of loneliness-- for here, you know, I wait."

-Author Unknown

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear