We're Sad To Say That

retiredracers

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words and support. I know we are doing the right thing but it still hurts so much. She is so frail that she just looks like she will break and that is the last thing I want to happen. She has just been such a presence in our house for the last (almost) 10 years that I can't imagine what the house will be like without her.

6greyhounds, thanks for the cry... just what I needed at work... :) . Seriously, though, what a beautiful poem and it really has helped. I know that we are giving her the best gift we could ever give and it does make it easier. Thank you.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

My heart is with you all. Godspeed Sweet Princess. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest caiteag

Princess Flake, run free and whole and happy at the Bridge... and go find Prince Quinn and give him a kiss from his mama who still misses him every single day.

For Flake's family... I am so very sorry... you obviously gave your beautiful girl a loving, wonderful home and though this is probably one of the hardest things you will ever do... it is also one of the most loving things you can ever do.

I am so sorry. That picture of Flake just takes my breath away. You are truly giving her the greatest kindness that is possible. Goodbye, Princess.

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}