Going To Pick Up Aruba Soon

Guest AlmondJoy

Guest nerak254

Aruba had the surgery for her anal tumor this morning and I got a call a while ago that things went well and that the tumor was well encapsulated and the vet was happy about that. He is going to send it for a biopsy anyway. She got her teeth done and nails cut too. I'm hoping that today will be near the estimate and not a huge amount more than I took in with me this morning. :blink:

Just a question, how do you deal with butt care in this situation? Do I need to get her a pair of boxers to go with the shirt she's been wearing? Again, I'll say I love EMT Gel. Her boo boo is almost gone. A few more days of EMT and wrap and it will be gone. I'm hat should I expect?

Anyway, I'm glad it's over and am off to get her and then figure out how to get Missy taken care of soon too. She's in good shape but BADLY in need of a dental.

Our Angel LaceyLaine also had an anal tumor removed...she really didn't mess with that area. My huge fear is that she would scream bloody murder with her first poo...but she just took everything in her stride. Sending hugs for Aruba. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest nerak254
Our Angel LaceyLaine also had an anal tumor removed...she really didn't mess with that area. My huge fear is that she would scream bloody murder with her first poo...but she just took everything in her stride. Sending hugs for Aruba. :grouphug

I was wondering about that. :eek How long did she wait to go?

Guest Winterwish

Sending get well wishes for Aruba. :dogcookie:getwell:hope

I didn't know your pup was having surgery and glad that part is over and wish her a full and fast recovery,poor baby!

Usually the vets give a little bit of an under estimation of the bill,so hopefully that's the case for you too.

Guest nerak254
Sending get well wishes for Aruba. :dogcookie:getwell:hope

I didn't know your pup was having surgery and glad that part is over and wish her a full and fast recovery,poor baby!

Usually the vets give a little bit of an under estimation of the bill,so hopefully that's the case for you too.

Unfortunately, no, but I guess it could be worse. Got about $200 more to pay, her teeth got cleaned too and there was one extraction that needed to be done. I just had to move her head, she had her nose smashed into the bed and her tongue was stuck on the cover.

The good news here is that she hasn't bothered her booboo at all and I think I have time to make sure to let the EMT Gel dry before putting something over it. The booboo is almost all the way gone.

She will be having fine dining for the next couple of days so I have to go find the rice steamer.

Edited by nerak254

Guest Winterwish

oh poor girl! :kiss2 She's had a very long day. And you too!

oy,$200 more. sigh. Well,just think in a few months you probably would've spent that money by then on things you wouldn't even remember buying. That's one way to look at it. ;)

I'm glad to see she's back home now and about to have a nice bit of dinner. :chow

Edited by Winterwish

Guest nerak254
oh poor girl! :kiss2 She's had a very long day. And you too!

oy,$200 more. sigh. Well,just think in a few months you probably would've spent that money by then on things you wouldn't even remember buying. That's one way to look at it. ;)

I'm glad to see she's back home now and about to have a nice bit of dinner. :chow

I am trying to look at it like that. I'm glad she's ok and the Vet said he's at least 80%sure there is nothing to be concerned about with the tumor. Now it is just finding $$ to get Missy's teeth done too. I really hate having to decide what has to get done first. One full time job at a decent wage would really help. Multiple part time jobs really suck.

So glad everything went well and she is home. Sigh of relief. I know the feeling!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest nerak254
what about DQ?

I missed the part about the booboo. Where is it and how did that happen?

Aruba is a beauty! :heart

I can't figure out how to do the clicky thing. :riphair

Here is the topic: Here's what I'm doing