Eg Raisin Bran

HJsM

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest derfaroo

I'm SO SORRY! Always loved her name! She & Genie are exploring their new world together. I know how much your heart hurts. Ours too!

Thank you to all of you kind, sweet people for the sympathy and well wishes.

Derfaroo, I know you understand (just like most of you do who have lost it pet)...it hurts so bad. Like someone sucker punched you AND you had the worst case of the flu all put together. I can't even take a deep breath without tears right now.

For some people looking at pictures is hard right after the fact. For me, it's been a huge comfort because I have some that were taken even less than a month ago where she was healthy and, on the skinny side, but not like she was on Bridge day. Also, just seeing how much fun we had together, and how many things she got to do, for over 5 years helped me get some perspective.

I was joking around with a friend last week that, while I might be a careless person with things sometimes, I am NOT a wasteful person with things. I use the pencil down to the nub and the soap down to the particle and the backs and front of paper and my motto is "why get a new one? The old one is PERFECTLY GOOD!"

Therefore, it seems harder for me to let go of things and sometimes it's not practical to hold on. I have to think that letting go of Raisin was a step in the right direction, however. We got to the point of no return (lack of ability to potty on her own) and I did not try to push it past that point. I'm glad I didn't. Every time I have a moment of "but what if I'd just given the spoon feeding and the medicine 6 more days?" I think "6 more days of agony?" and realize again...it was time.

It doesn't make it easier, though.

I will stop yammering.

Again, thank you so much for the kind thoughts.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Lynn, I know the feeling...with Scooter he would have gone on but you know it would have been for me not him. I couldn't do that for him. He was suffering to some extent and I knew that tomorrow would bring more suffering. I released him because of the love I had for him....same with you Lynn and Raisin. Scooter and Raisin are fine...soaring high. Our journey is the one that is hard. But you know, I know neither of us would choose a different route. Those seniors come in and work there way in to our hearts like no other. You did right by Raisin Bran and she is thankful. Her forever home will always remain alive in your heart Lynn. I know Scooter's with me every second. Well you know too...thanks to Steve and his artistic ability. By the way have you talked to him lately???? Lots of hugs to you.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm so sorry for your loss - rest in peace, Raisin.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Lynn, I am so sorry. :candle:grouphug

Godspeed Raisin :gh_run run with all the other angels.

Knowing when it is "time" is the greatest gift we can give our fur kids but always so painful for us. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest Leanneby0925

I am so sorry for your loss. Each time I read one of these, I feel like I have lost a hound.

You will be in my thoughts.

Run free sweet baby girl.

:angelwings:gh_bow

I am sorry for your loss, there is never enough time with them.

Raisin Bran is running free and happy free of any pain.

Jennifer and the crew

The crew Desi, Comet, Theo, Memphis, Belle, the 2 adult humans, and the kiddo.

R.I.P. Bear, Bilbo, Tippy, Guinea Pig Paige

Desi (TNJ By Design), Comet (Corpus Comet) Theo (Gable Thinsulate)

Bear (CS What A Bear) Dec. 3, 1999 - Dec 22, 2008 Bilbo (CTW Buffalo Bill) July 2001 - Aug 17, 2011,

Guest HoustonGreys

:f_pink Oh Lynn, I'm so very sorry about Raisin Bran. She was such a sweetheart and I love the arm over her ear sleeping. :wub:

You and the boys will be in my prayers as you adjust to the hole in your hearts and home.

With sincerest sympathy,

Jackie

Guest GriffinsMom

I'm so sorry for your loss. Raisin Bran will be remembered by many and continue to bring smiles to their faces. Godspeed to the Bridge Raisin Bran.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red