Eg Raisin Bran

HJsM

Raisin flew to the Bridge earlier today.

We had hoped to throw a huge #14 birthday bash, but it wasn't to be. Her little body could not make it a day longer. She had a quiet and peaceful passing.

There were MANY old friends to greet her at her passing and even some other newbies arriving to learn the ropes with.

She went at about noon today and I'm sure that God greeted her at the Rainbow Bridge with the biggest can of horse meat Alpo (her favorite) that Heaven had to offer and she had a wonderful, greasy lunch and then she went with her sister, Lucky Charm, to all the nooks and crannies of the far recesses to make sure no small critters had got in. After that, I would bet that she found the very cushiest donut bed cloud in the whole place and had a great nap. I hope every day of eternity is similar for her.

My baby kisser, my senior adoption that came to me just about house perfect, the best event dog in the whole wide world, my best car rider, good to all the Greyhound and Italian Greyhound fosters who entered her house, my sweet little give you kisses on demand snuggle bun, a tough little girl who probably would have just hung on to the bitter end.

I'm going to miss her so much. My house is empty without her and we're all so sad here.

Thank you to her many friends and admirers who loved her and cared about her. I know she would have thanked you herself if she could have.

1mylove2.jpg

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Raisin.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Lynn,

There are a lot of people in Houston and all over who are going to miss that girl. You gave her unconditional love and let her go with dignity. Raisin's light will always shine bright...

Godspeed sweet Raisin. Prayers for peace and comfort to you Lynn. Ear scritches for the boys..

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm so sorry :f_pink

Godspeed Raisin Bran :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I'm so sorry. I'm glad you had each other. Keep an eye on your family sweetheart but have fun at the bridge forever young. :gh_lay

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I'm so sorry for your loss. She must have been very special indeed. RIP Raisin.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest Carla

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Raisin is smiling down upon you thanking you for everything you did for her.

Godspeed Raisin.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

I am SO very sorry for your loss. :(

Edited by Tracey

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

My deepest condolences to you. :grouphug You gave Raisin that final loving gift... freedom from a failing body that could no longer serve her well. She will always be with you in your heart and memories. :beatheart

Godspeed, sweet Raisin... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest argolola

My heart sunk when I saw her name here. I'm so sorry.

You and your family will be in my prayers. Please take comfort in your happy memories and knowing that you gave her love and a wonderful home.

I'm so sorry

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so sorry for your loss. It is very difficult to say goodbye to such a beloved companion and so hard to see them become a shadow of their former selves. Raisin was a remarkable and loving girl that gave so much to others. I hope the memories of all the wonderful moments you spent with her will help to heal the heartbreak you are feeling.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy