Valley Fever Medication

Guest Greytluv

Did you try Costco or Walmart? I think those are about the cheapest. Or is it a pet medicine? My girl is on something else for Valley fever.

Don't know if that's on the Walmart list of 4.00 drugs. When I agreed to foster a boy with Valley Fever, his anti-fungal meds were the cheapest at petscriptions.com And if they don't have it, they'll get it for you

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest vahoundlover

Do you have CVS there? They have helped us with odd meds.

Could VF be behind all the other things going on with Shanti?

Do you have CVS there? They have helped us with odd meds.

Could VF be behind all the other things going on with Shanti?

Yes! Well, that is the thought of the day. ;) We tested in Dec., she was negative. But with the immune suppression it allowed it to come out. We got a positive reading from a lymph node. So we are hoping this will help a great deal!

The Girls

Did you try Walgreen's?

Costco and Walmart tend to have just the 100 or so most common things. CVS and Walgreen's tend to have more interesting drugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest longdogs
Did you try Walgreen's?

Costco and Walmart tend to have just the 100 or so most common things. CVS and Walgreen's tend to have more interesting drugs.

...and this is your experience?

There's a compounding pharmacy in AZ that makes it cheap. I know Dr. Stack has the resource for it. I'll check with Sandy and see if she knows how to contact them. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Did you try Walgreen's?

...and this is your experience?

Yep. At least around here, CVS, Walgreen's, and a local firm are the "real" pharmacies.

ETA: If you have any major hospitals nearby, they may also have a compounding pharmacy unit.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

There's a compounding pharmacy in AZ that makes it cheap. I know Dr. Stack has the resource for it. I'll check with Sandy and see if she knows how to contact them. :)

I found a link in her article. I emailed them and about 10 others. A Arizona Greyhound group site has a whole bunch of them.

I could find the medication on Walgreens, but no cost. I sent an email.

The vet is gone for the day and out until Wednesday. She told me anyone had it, but should shop it around as the cost does vary quite a bit. So far I have found it from $160 - $300 but in Mexico it is only $47, but takes 6 weeks to get to you.

The Girls

Guest VanillaBean

I found a link in her article. I emailed them and about 10 others. A Arizona Greyhound group site has a whole bunch of them.

I could find the medication on Walgreens, but no cost. I sent an email.

The vet is gone for the day and out until Wednesday. She told me anyone had it, but should shop it around as the cost does vary quite a bit. So far I have found it from $160 - $300 but in Mexico it is only $47, but takes 6 weeks to get to you.

If you can't find it cheaper then here, I would buy first supply somewhere else and then refill from here, like you said. I don't think my meds took that long to get here, but it has been about 2 years since I ordered. Good Luck!

Hemopet appears to be able to help me out and they are a few miles from me. I just need to get the results faxed to me and take them to them.

I did contact Pet Health Pharmacy as well. I am guessing I will hear from them tomorrow.

Finally we are getting a break. :D Let this be the beginning of more to come and put my girl on the mend! Again, if I could do back flips, I would! :lol

The Girls

Guest BlackandBrindle

If you ever need me to do a run for you and mail them, I'd be happy to :)

I'm just glad there's a definitive diagnosis for your girl!!

If you ever need me to do a run for you and mail them, I'd be happy to :)

I'm just glad there's a definitive diagnosis for your girl!!

THANK YOU! I will let you know. There are a ton of pharmacy's in AZ for this stuff. :lol

I am thrilled we have some definite answers and it is treatable. I saw Dr. Herrera today. She was as relieved we got a diagnosis and it is not cancer as well. This may not take away all her joint issues, but it should certainly help it. I did get warned that the medicine causes stomach issues. So I will stock up on immodium and chicken and rice and pumpkin, etc. :lol

Ironically, it was the immune suppression that allowed it to rear its ugly head. Now I have to back her off the prednisone and pepcid as she needs a lot of stomach acid to make the medicine work right. And fatty food.

The Girls

Guest luvRgreys

If you still need help, I deal with a compounding pharmacy in Oceanside, CA close to my work, so it might be quicker. Let me know. Or if someone makes a run for dogs at Caliente, maybe they could take the presciption with them and stop at a pharmacy in TJ. Just a thought. OPG used to get meds in TJ for the dogs.

Edited by luvRgreys

I see you've contacted Pet Health Pharmacy. That's the pharmacy one of our local adopters used when her boy was diagnosed with VF. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I see you've contacted Pet Health Pharmacy. That's the pharmacy one of our local adopters used when her boy was diagnosed with VF. :)

I have not heard back from them yet. I did hear from Diamondback. They were better. We are down to $93 a month. I am taking the lab reports to Hemopet tomorrow. They are going to help me out. :D

The Girls

Just got the price from Pet Health. Great prices, can't get me the exact dose prescribed. Half the cost of any other US ones. A good back up if I get the dose changed and Hemopet falls through, which they should not. Goes to show you, shop it around! I had one pharmacy come back at $398.

Here is what the can do.

The price for Itraconazole 95mg #60 is $46.80 plus s/h

Itraconzole 105mg $50.40 plus s/h. priority mail is $5.30

We are not able to compound Itraconazole 100mg

Pet Health Pharmacy

The Girls