Greyhound Sitters

Guest embarkguru

Any pet sitters in the D.C., Maryland, and VA area?

When I lived in MD (was born and raised, just moved to CO last year!) I always took them to Blue Spring Kennel. Pat is fabulous and raises her own greyhounds and treats them all like her own. My two LOVED going there and it was extremely reasonable for greyhounds. She was by far my favorite sitter every time we went out of town. I wish I had someone similar over here in Denver!!! Her website: http://www.bluespringkennel.com/

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Mjulian

I am looking for someone in the Franklin/Nashville area to work out a hound swap situation. My wife and I go out of town several weekends during the warmer months and can also keep your hound while you are out of town in trade.....

• 4 months later...
Guest KaraBearNC

I can sit for cat-safe and quiet greys. I adopted two in 2013. I live in the Raleigh Durham area in a condo with cement floors: yay. I'm also looking for a sitter anywhere from here down 95 to St. Simon's island. My folks are there and mom is not big on dogs.

Https://sites.google.com/site/karabearscrittercare/ KaraBearsCritterCare@gmail.com

KaraAnneBlack@yahoo.com

Looking for a greyt sitter in Aberdeen, SD last week of March (24-28th). I only need daycare for my two medium/low energy; male thinks he's in charge and can be bossy.... female is often timid when I'm not around and suffers from SA (reason for needing daycare). I have to travel out there and dogs would have to be left 8hrs alone. Your house or my friends house is fine. I work from home so this would be a huge change for them so I have to get them a babysitter. Any other information you need or recommendations that would be great. Contact me here or PJR107@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

pj

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest gotcouch

I am looking for a pet sitter for my 2 greys. going on vacation last week in May first week in June.

I live in ocean county NJ ( Toms River area)

Thanks! :)

Guest jettcricket

I am looking for a pet sitter for my 2 greys. going on vacation last week in May first week in June.

I live in ocean county NJ ( Toms River area)

Thanks! :)

I do boarding and I live in Bayville, not too far from you! If your interested e-mail me. jettcricket@comcast.net or you can call me at: (732)269-2184 :)

Guest 1002sharon

I live about 1 hour northwest of Philadelphia. I have 2 beautiful and sweet black greyhounds. One has her leg in a cast and is not allowed to run or go up and down stairs. She also won't need to be walked. I need a sitter for them the end of April, beginning of May. Is anyone out there?

Thanks,

Sharon, Beard and Bridgette

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kar

I live in Fairfield ct have never been away and am now down to one grey - snow does have kidney disease - first stages she is seven has to take enapril once daily. would you still petsit - where isn ct are you? I have not been away in a very long time and have never boarded.

I live in Fairfield ct have never been away and am now down to one grey - snow does have kidney disease - first stages she is seven has to take enapril once daily. would you still petsit - where isn ct are you? I have not been away in a very long time and have never boarded.

Guest kar

sent you an email. snow has kidney disease, tales enapril daily plus on kidney diet. would you be able to watch her? she is seven.

Guest mkumlin84

Looking for someone that could sit Piper in June from the 5th to the 8th. I'd really love for her to get to spend time with some more greyhounds if possible. I'm located Framgingham MA. At the very least does anyone know of anywhere particularly good to board a greyhound in the greater Framingham area?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm struggling to find someone to sit for my dogs for this upcoming holiday weekend, especially Violet because she probably needs a home without cats (she lives just fine with a cat, but she cannot be crated when no one is home and I just wouldn't want to risk it with an unfamiliar cat). She and Zuri are really easy overall and get along well with other greyhounds. I'm in Laurel, MD but can drive to NoVA, DC, Baltimore, etc. If anyone could potentially take both or just Violet, send me a PM please?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest joviemom

Looking for a sitter for this weekend Friday - Monday.

Cat safe, small dog safe and overall a sweet girl!

I am in the Milwaukee area. Thanks!

Guest Almondine88

Hi there, everyone!

If anyone is looking for a greyt sitter in Portland Oregon, I'm an in-home sitter who would LOVE to get have some sight hound clients. My baby, Almondine, is a five year old tan female greyhound who I adopted from Maine Greyhound Rescue when she was 2. I only sit one dog at a time unless they are "siblings" in the same family, so if you book with me it'll be just my girl and your dog(s). I do not have cats or children in my home. I have a profile on rover.com with information about my home and experience with dogs as well. You can check out my profile at www.rover.com/sit/mollyj

Also, if you are a first time Rover customer you can receive $20 off your first stay by using the coupon code ALMONDINE20.

Thank you!

- Molly and Almondine

Edited by Almondine88

• 2 weeks later...
Guest akawow

We have been looking for a sitter too, after having a bad non grey kennel experience. Just wondering if anyone can vouch for the Greyhound Resort in Whitestown, Indiana, owned by Bruce and Katie McDonald?

Guest Houston1219

Any sitters or kennels anyone would recommend in the Detroit area? We are planning a couple weekend trips this summer but haven't committed yet because we are iffy about where to leave Houston. We travel to the Hamilton Ohio area so anywhere around there would be fine too.

Huston is 6.5 and very low energy. Take a one mile walk and he will sleep it off the rest of the day! He gets along great with dogs big and small as well as kids, but we are not sure how he would do with cats (he's barely ever seen a cat). He is in perfect health and has never once tried to get on a bed or couch. Not a big boy at all, tall skinny adorable giraffe looking for a place to crash.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for someone in the Orlando area to keep Taylor and Face in their house for a week sometime in August, or even early September.

My travel times are flexible.

Must be cat-free, greyhound only if there are other dogs in the house, and with a fully fenced back yard.

001_zps27a8f7fc.jpg

002_zps8e6dc5ef.jpg