Greyhound Sitters

Guest embarkguru

Guest SabrinaInDE

Central Delaware

I have two greys and two cats, and a large fenced yard. I can watch one or two cat-friendly greys. All payments will be donated to my group smile.gif

I'm in Southeast Texas now (Golden Triangle area). I now have one grey, one small terrier mix, and one cat. I can watch one or two small-animal friendly greys. I have a large yard with a privacy fence. I have years of greyhound foster and visitor experience. Your greys will be treated like family :)

I'd also like to find someone to watch mine, so if anyone is in the SETX area and willing to sit, please send me a message.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in central Virginia (Prince Edward County) and have one female GH. Please contact me at schultz.lc@gmail.com to check for availability!

I wanted to update my previous post since I have relocated. I now reside in middle TN, just north of Nashville near the TN/KY border. I have two female greyhounds, but would be willing to petsit for one or two more.

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

• 1 month later...

I'm reaching out to see if there is anyone in the Philadelphia, PA area who may be willing to sit our 2 greys in the future. We don't have an immediate need, but one of ours doesn't seem to do well in kennels so we are looking at other options. We have a 3y/o female who is confident and extremely friendly. Our 4y/o boy is our nervous one, but very sweet. She can be crated but hasn't been in some time; he does not do well in a crate. Both are good with other greys and large dogs, but neither is small dog or cat safe. We'd love to find someone to trade sitting with, but are also happy to pay. We're in West Chester, but willing to drive anywhere within an hour or so.

• 3 months later...
Guest Tiger

Seattle area pet sitters?

I am looking for a pet sitter for Tiger, who is a 3-year-old girl who is a little reserved initially and very spoiled. I live in Seattle on Capitol Hill. I will be traveling for four days every month. I can have someone stay at my home or take Tiger to yours.

I can also watch people's hounds at my home. I have a large fenced yard, walk at least 3-4 miles every day, and work from home most days.

Guest jettcricket

Am researching for a friend who is looking for someone to board 2 greys in the July, 2015 timeframe. She lives in the Hunterdon/Warren Counties, NJ area

and is hoping to find someone who could board the dogs at their house but not too far from hers.

I do in-house boarding for greyhounds. I live in the Ocean County area in New Jersey. If interested, you can e-mail me at: jettcricket@comcast.net I do have references if need be. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aganabob

Hi, we're in Allentown, PA. We have one male, Iggy. We're looking for a cooperative sitting arrangement with a family nearby-ish. We have a fenced area in the yard and lots of soft beds.

Rhode Island area folks,

We are looking for a sitter from May 21st through May 27th for our 13-year old greyhound, Chloe. We are looking for someone who can sit Chloe in their home. Unfortunately, her usual sitter that has cared for Chloe since she was 8 is all booked up during those dates. Chloe is a spry 13-year old who likes to do tricks for treats and enjoys her daily walks. She can be anxious in new situations, but tends to adapt well with some gentle loving. She has stayed with greys and other breeds before; however, she was attacked around 5 years ago so can be initially fearful of some other dogs. If you can board Chloe or know someone who might be able to, we would be happy to discuss arrangements. I do not think that I have enough posts to PM as I am mainly a lurker, so I will check back here for responses and may also be contacted at runjmb @ gmail . com - spaces removed.

Thank you!

Joe and Kerry

We live in College Park, MD with a spacious Cape Cod house and a fenced yard (4ft fence). We have one 6-year old male greyhound and no cats or other pets, along with lots of comfy beds all around the house. I usually work from home at least two days during the week as well, and we'd be happy to host your hound for those in the DC metro area!

Ashley, Kevin, and Starvin' Marvin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest afulton

Hi. I do strictly greyhound sitting in my home and have regular families who use me. I also have references.

Afulton@cox.net

West Phoenix, Arizona

We have 2 greyhounds and a fenced in backyard for regular romps, potty breaks or simply sunning "oneself".

• 2 months later...
Guest chickenpotpie

A bit old but I need to board my grey for a week in October. She's an only dog but does play well with others goes to daycare with small dogs. May not be cat friendly. We don't have cats. If you know of someone in Massachusetts / New Hampshire area please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Clawsandpaws

I moved, so wanted to update my location. I'm in Franklin, PA (1.5 hours north of Pittsburgh, 1.5 hours east of Erie)

I am happy to grey sit, preferably exchange grey sitting. I do have a cat, but in an emergency I can take in a non cat safe dog for a night or two. I have a house, with a fenced yard (part of the fencing is short wrought iron entrance gate, so dogs are always supervised outside) I will be working full time, but come home for lunch, dogs can have a potty break every 4 hours if needed throughout the day. I have a very laid back male.

I have no problem driving halfway to pick up a dog (for example, I'm about 2 hours away from cleavland, oh) if someone needed a hand.

My house is 4 stories, basement, main floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor. The main floor is a very decent size if a hound doesn't do stairs (mine doesn't!) but there is hardwood and laminate throughout. I have a pretty good amount of experience with greys of all personalities. I can handle basic first aid, and administer medications.

• 7 months later...
Guest asrik

Hi! I just moved to the Farmington Hills area in Michigan (about 30 minutes from Detroit) and am looking for greyhound sitters. I have a 3 year old greyhound named goofy. He is a very sweet, playful and friendly and can adjust almost anywhere. Please let me know if anyone in this area is open to grey-sitting for a few days at a time. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jordan33

I'm in Boston, MA and I'm going to need to board Adrien for a weekend next month. Does anyone have recommendations? There's a place near me called Tails, and I will be checking them out soon. Their rates seem reasonable. Has anyone had experience with them?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KarenD

There is www.greysitting.com and people can join to see grey sitters in their area.

For some reason, I can't get this site to come up. Would you send me the link please? Thank You.

Guest WendytheGrey

Does anyone have recommendations for a sitter/boarding in Los Angeles? We're by LAX.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone:

Pet sitter or boarding needed for the week of August 22-26, either here in SC or Central/Northern VA.

John is good with cats, but will jump on people. He doesn't really care for other dogs, but prefers the company of calm females. He has sleep startle/sleep aggression, but does no resource guarding or food aggression. Thanks!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest katie_dog

Maine Greyhound Placement Services in Augusta, Maine. That was the place I adopted my dog from too. She just stayed there for 4 days while we went on vacation.

WASHINGTON- Seattle/Everett/Bellevue/Kirkland/Bothell/Woodinville/Clearview/Snohomis/Mill Creek

I don't know if is the same as listed as Annepres - Mill Creek, WA , but I'm sending anyway, she is highly recommended by people from Greyhounds Pets Inc. rescue:

Ann Marie

annmariegreys@gmail.com

206-499-4007

www.greythoundsnw.com

• 1 month later...
Guest acarso08

Seeking dog sitter in Wheaton Illinois or the west suburbs of Chicago, this weekend September 10-12

Oliver is a 4 year old greyhound. Likes at least two walks a day. He's very easy going and sleeps a lot. Anyone local?

Amandacarso@gmail.com is the best way to get ahold of me.