Farewell To Butch

Houndmom

Yesterday I had to say farewell to my beloved old guy, Butch (DV's Butch). My heart ached tremendously as I held him while he drifted off, leaving my world forever. But, I know it was the right thing to do for him and he will always have a place in my heart.

Butch was a wonderful, silly, stubborn, easy going and loving greyhound. He came to me back in July 2004 after I saw his photo in a GT thread. Somehow I knew he was the senior I was looking for and thanks to many GTers and other greyhound, and non-grey, people Butch made the weekend journey from GPA Orlando, FL up the east coast to his true forever home here in NH. I was amazed at the way he touched the lives of all who came in contact with him during this GUR and thoroughly enjoyed recieving the updates and photos as each leg of his journey ended, and the new one began.

Butch was an instant fit with my other 4 greyhounds, made himself at home and loved to greet all who came to "his" house, making sure that he got plenty of scritchies from everyone. I have to laugh when I think of him dancing for his food every day...and boy did he love to eat. He somehow decided that my pillow on the bed was his special place and no sooner would I move than he was up there flopped on the pillow, giving me the look as though to say don't even think about making me get off...ha. Not so sure I liked the eye boogers he occasionally left behind but heck, we love our dogs and cleaning eye boogies is a small price to pay for the joy he brought.

So..I guess I have babbled on enough. My heart is heavy but I am at peace knowing he is free of any pain and misery from the cancer that was taking his life. I feel he is partly a Greytalk dog due to the circumstances in which he came to me so I wanted to share a little extra about who he was, and there was so much life in him to share. Thanks again to all who helped make him a part of my life. I will be forever grateful to you all

Farewell my beloved Butch. I will miss you my angel. :(

Marina

tn_greyhound002.gif

Willow & Trace

Butch (11/94 - 7/16/08) Hayley (11/96 - 1/13/09) Merlin (11/12/95 - 5/29/09)

GPA - Central New Hampshire

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Butch. Take comfort in knowing he is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

I do hate cancer.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry. Run Free Butch.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

There is no greater love than a senior. Your tribute of Butch was beautiful.

I loved the pillow story! Made me smile and remember my first grey, Devotion, who would do the same thing. Many nights I slept without a pillow!

Butch's forever home is now in your heart. Hold the memories close.

Prayers of peace and comfort for you during this time. Soar High Butch!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I am so very sorry for your loss. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest MySkye

Marina,

So very sorry to hear the loss of your beloved Butch. May you find comfort that you gave another senior the best gift possible, a loving, safe and secure home for as long as he needed it.

Warmly,

Lori

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Butch.

:f_red:(

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I remember that special GUR. :grouphug Butch knew he was a beloved family member and will be greatly missed. Bless you for giving him extraordinary care during his twilight years. :heart

Godspeed, sweet boy... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

:f_red Rest in peace, Butch :f_red

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting