Is Anyone Here From West Palm Beach, Florida?

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

I'm on the phone with my mom (about to go fly down to visit my parents, sis, bro, my nephew, Josh, and my new nephew, Ethan! :):):)) and she wants me to ask here if anyone is from Wellington, Florida (in West Palm Beach?) She sees a husband and wife walking two brindle greyhounds through the area around my parents' neighborhood when she's driving occasionally and she thought they might be on Greytalk.

Apparently, the one brindle is a "tan" brindle and the other brindle is darker. She's not sure of the genders. This would be in the vicinity of Binks Forest. Since I'm heading down there in a few hours, maybe I'll see the mystery brindle babies and get a greyhound fix while I'm away from Speck for two days, too! :) And, no, my mother does not herself own a greyhound so she does not quite have it in her to do a bold, greyhound-drive-by type thing where she yells out the window: "Oh my Gawd, are those greyhounds??? Are you on Greytalk???" Otherwise, she'll talk your ear off but I guess not from a moving car.

:lol

Edited by MomoftheFuzzy

I'm in Miami. Try giving Elite Greyhounds a call. They are a spit from Wellington if you need a fix. They are right down the street and around the corner in Loxahatchee....

http://www.elitegreyhounds.org/index.html

Hey! I know a couple of those hounds on that site. Thank you Elite!

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Me too!

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Didn't see the brindle hounds. :cry1 And still don't know who they belong to.

Butttttt... I *did* see a whole lot of greyhounds -- at the Palm Beach Kennel Club! My sister and I stole away for a couple hours and got to watch a few races at PBKC until there was a rain delay. I was so happy. Lots of good-looking pups from all different kennels and grades, including a Troublina lookalike (GiJenn's girly) although not as pretty as THE Trouble.

:pepper

I have friends in Wellington and will email them and ask if they have seen the greys!

Thanks!

Where in Wellington?

Edited by MomoftheFuzzy

Guest MomoftheFuzzy
I'm in Miami. Try giving Elite Greyhounds a call. They are a spit from Wellington if you need a fix. They are right down the street and around the corner in Loxahatchee....

http://www.elitegreyhounds.org/index.html

Cool, thanks! Unfortunately, I'm already back in NY and didn't see this in time but I'll be back in Wellington during Christmas (with Speck.) Will definitely check that out. Loxahatchee (a.k.a. Chattahootchee, as I like to call it on purpose :lol) is not too far from Wellington at all! We were driving around Loxahatchee at one point on Sunday. Didn't know there were greyhounds back there!

Guest threedognight

I am from West Palm Beach and I live in Lake Worth. We walk our greyhounds in Wellington on Saturdays but I have 5 dogs, 4 four greyhounds (black, fawn, red fawn, & white & black) and one shepherd mix. I have never seen any other greyhounds in the area. Hope you had a nice visit with your family.

Guest MomoftheFuzzy
I am from West Palm Beach and I live in Lake Worth. We walk our greyhounds in Wellington on Saturdays but I have 5 dogs, 4 four greyhounds (black, fawn, red fawn, & white & black) and one shepherd mix. I have never seen any other greyhounds in the area. Hope you had a nice visit with your family.

Thanks, I did! Do you and your greys ever frequent the dog park in Wellington? We'll probably take Speck there when we are down for Christmas (the dog park is up the road from my parents' house.) Are you aware of any dog-friendly beach areas in Palm Beach or closeby to PB?

P.S. You say you walk your hounds through Wellington... if you ever see a light-blonde-haired woman driving a white BMW X5 and gaping at your hounds, it's probably my mother. :lol

Guest threedognight

Thanks, I did! Do you and your greys ever frequent the dog park in Wellington? We'll probably take Speck there when we are down for Christmas (the dog park is up the road from my parents' house.) Are you aware of any dog-friendly beach areas in Palm Beach or closeby to PB?

P.S. You say you walk your hounds through Wellington... if you ever see a light-blonde-haired woman driving a white BMW X5 and gaping at your hounds, it's probably my mother. :lol

We do not go to dog parks because I am afraid of problems with other dogs. Also my one grey does not like his behind sniffed by other dogs that are not part of his pack. I do not understand why he has this problem. We continue you work on it.

We go to Okeeheelee Park that is located in West Palm Beach.

www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/parks/locations/okeeheelee.htm. They have lots of trails to walk the dogs. They also have a dog park that is located in the back.

There is a dog friendly beach in Jupiter. This is the web site that has the directions www.friendsofjupiterbeach.com. It is a nice beach and it is always clean.

Pictures of us at Jupiter beach.

me & Beckett

beach.jpg

Angel, ds, Beckett, Dooley & dh

beach2.jpg

Maddie came from West Palm Beach Kennel Club. The Kennel Owner that owned her prior to me is James Douglas Kennel (I believe that is the name of it) I do know the last name was Douglas. I send them cards all the time of Maddie in her "retired" life.

That is so cool that you got to go to the WPB Kennel Club. I have wanted to go since I got her. Sounds like you made some friends and found some cool things for Speck to do when he comes down for the holidays.

Maddie and I are road tripping to my parents in CT next month and then we are going to Nantucket with them as well.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

We do not go to dog parks because I am afraid of problems with other dogs. Also my one grey does not like his behind sniffed by other dogs that are not part of his pack. I do not understand why he has this problem. We continue you work on it.

We go to Okeeheelee Park that is located in West Palm Beach.

www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/parks/locations/okeeheelee.htm. They have lots of trails to walk the dogs. They also have a dog park that is located in the back.

There is a dog friendly beach in Jupiter. This is the web site that has the directions www.friendsofjupiterbeach.com. It is a nice beach and it is always clean.

Pictures of us at Jupiter beach.

me & Beckett

beach.jpg

Angel, ds, Beckett, Dooley & dh

beach2.jpg

Neat pics! I will have to remember to take Speck there next time we're down. Thanks for the info.

:)

Guest MomoftheFuzzy
Maddie came from West Palm Beach Kennel Club. The Kennel Owner that owned her prior to me is James Douglas Kennel (I believe that is the name of it) I do know the last name was Douglas. I send them cards all the time of Maddie in her "retired" life.

That is so cool that you got to go to the WPB Kennel Club. I have wanted to go since I got her. Sounds like you made some friends and found some cool things for Speck to do when he comes down for the holidays.

Maddie and I are road tripping to my parents in CT next month and then we are going to Nantucket with them as well.

Nantucket is one of my favorite places! Have fun. :)

Speck has been with me to West Palm quite a bit since my parents moved there from NY after 9/11. We even lived in Sarasota for a little while and used to travel there by car and, once, in a Cessna (a treat for my hounds and I.) It's an interesting way to view Florida! Yet, as many times as we go down there, I always discover new dog-friendly things. One day, I'd love to take Speck on a drive down through the Keys. Sigh. :beatheart

That's really nice that you keep Maddie's kennel informed of her retired life. I know of a few kennel owners (and track managers!) myself who love that. And it must make you feel so good to know more about where she came from, right? At least that's how it is for me.

You should go to PBKC when you get a chance, too. I think it's a nice track and it's set up well. Makes it easy to do what I do (my semi-routine): first, I get myself a program. We like to go check out the hounds in the ginny pit as they're getting weighed-in before the races and then make our way back trackside as the hounds walk out with their leadouts. We then watch their intros and, while they're walked to their boxes, we look over our program and talk about each of the pups running (their coloring to identify them, their jersey/silk number, their age, their sire or dam, their racing name, their size, the kennel they're from, etc.) We do this for almost every race because, honestly, I just can't get enough of seeing these pups! Imagine someone having done that for your girl while she was there! Cool, huh?

Give some extra hugs to Maddie from Speck and I.

:)