Hello From Lincolnshire, England

Guest SuKe

Hello everyone

Greetings from a rather wet and windswept Lincolnshire, where I live with my husband, lurcher (Mina), retired racer (Stevie - Stevie's racing data ) and two elderly cats - Chivers and Tazzie.

I'd never really been a 'dog person' until we gave Mina a home. After one holiday in 2005 I happened to see a notice at the cattery looking for a good home for a cat friendly lurcher...after a visit to Mina's previous owner our future fate of being devoted lurcher/greyhound owners was sealed and now I can't imagine life without a grey :colgate

A few years later (and just about 11 weeks ago to be precise) we gave a home to Stevie. Stevie and Mina are like chalk and cheese - Stevie is laid back and Mina isn't - but they get on famously and balance each other out... even though Mina is a real bossy boots at heart. :P

Mina and Stevie relaxing after Lincolnshire Greyhound Trust walk

Who says greys/lurchers can't live with Cats?!? (Mina and Chivers)

Susan

Guest act2redux

Hullo!!! ...from sometimes wet and now hot and sticky St. Charles (St. Louis) Missouri!! I love to hear about how others got "hooked" ...sometimes its like discovering another "pod person"

Glad to have you!

My Amy and Wiz (both now at the bridge) and our Archie grew up in Lincs, brothers and cousins Merlin, Admiral and Basso live with friends in Atlanta! We have quite an extended Lincolnshire greyhound family, thanks to some good friends in Firsby and Louth!

Welcome to GreyTalk!

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

Guest redreed

Welcome from New Jersey, where it's pretty much just hot and humid. Congrats and I have to say both your "babies" are beautiful!!

Guest FlyingHound

Hi from SE US (northwest corner of Georgia.) It's hot and dry here and my garden is dying and I'm sighing for damp and chilly England!

Beautiful pics, I especially like the Mina and Chivers one!

Edited by FlyingHound

Guest pfrazier21044

I know we have just met and all but can I ask for a HUGE favor I am really feenin for some Cadbury Dairy Milk bars and Treacle Toffee and my wife is requesting clotted cream and scones. LOL

Guest TBSFlame
Hello everyone

Greetings from a rather wet and windswept Lincolnshire, where I live with my husband, lurcher (Mina), retired racer (Stevie - Stevie's racing data ) and two elderly cats - Chivers and Tazzie.

I'd never really been a 'dog person' until we gave Mina a home. After one holiday in 2005 I happened to see a notice at the cattery looking for a good home for a cat friendly lurcher...after a visit to Mina's previous owner our future fate of being devoted lurcher/greyhound owners was sealed and now I can't imagine life without a grey :colgate

A few years later (and just about 11 weeks ago to be precise) we gave a home to Stevie. Stevie and Mina are like chalk and cheese - Stevie is laid back and Mina isn't - but they get on famously and balance each other out... even though Mina is a real bossy boots at heart. :P

Mina and Stevie relaxing after Lincolnshire Greyhound Trust walk

Who says greys/lurchers can't live with Cats?!? (Mina and Chivers)

Susan

Welcome from North Carolina. Mina and Stevie are beautiful. Mina looks very greyhound do you know what she is mixed with?

:welcome Hello from NY. Your pups and kitty are beautiful. Love that second pic of Mina and Chivers :wub: Edited by SIGreyLady

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Hello from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania - What beautiful houndies you have. I am originally from England and was born in Paddington General Hospital. Is it still around :lol Have been here stateside since 1948. Have 6 houndies 1 guy and 5 gals . Welcome and have fun visiting all the different posts

Beryl and the 6 pack

hey do they make 7 packs :lol

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Lovely hounds! and the kitty is very cute too. :)

Welcome to GT from Portland, Maine! (moved here 4 years ago, but originally from London) :welcome2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I know we have just met and all but can I ask for a HUGE favor I am really feenin for some Cadbury Dairy Milk bars and Treacle Toffee and my wife is requesting clotted cream and scones. LOL

You think you're kidding, don't you?!?!! :P I have a GT friend who always has my request for Cadbury DARK chocolate when she comes over for Dewey in the fall!! :lol

PS - Sorry to hijack your thread!! Welcome from Maryland!! (Think Chesapeake Bay...)

Edited by ozgirl2

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

You think you're kidding, don't you?!?!! :P I have a GT friend who always has my request for Cadbury DARK chocolate when she comes over for Dewey in the fall!! :lol

:lol Not sure the clotted cream and scones will travel well! I know what you mean though whenever i go abroad i'm always taking tea bags, but it never quite tastes the same as at home :blush