My Baby Girl Cricket

Guest jettcricket

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Redpack

Sending prayers for you and Cricket. Don't ever worry about anyone here calling you a whiner. Too many of us know your pain...and we won't tell you to get over it and to get another one. :grouphug

I'm so sorry to read her Dx. and you are right, it is not fair!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest myjazzy
I'm going to PM you, but I amposting this here so others can have the information.

Contact OSU and have Dr Couto and his team look at the results.

OSU no longer does bone biopsies. Dr C recommends doing a fine needle bone aspirate. The results are just as accurate, and way less painful and less invasive. It also does not rist damaging an already unstable bone.

Another thought on the biopsy. If they happen to not get a part of the bone that has cancerous cells, the results will be inconclusive and you will not have gained anything. That happened with Jazzy.

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this so soon after losing Jett. :grouphug

Guest jettcricket
I'm going to PM you, but I amposting this here so others can have the information.

Contact OSU and have Dr Couto and his team look at the results.

OSU no longer does bone biopsies. Dr C recommends doing a fine needle bone aspirate. The results are just as accurate, and way less painful and less invasive. It also does not rist damaging an already unstable bone.

I just spoke with the Oncologist and told him, no bone biopsy. There going to do the needle aspiration today and get her started on chemo/radiation. She'll be knocked out for both.

I pick her up tonight between 4:00 and 5:00.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes...it means so much to me and to Cricket too. I can't wait to hold my girl in my arms and tell her that Momma is here for her.

Edited by jettcricket

:bighug :bighug :bighug

Am I going to be strong enough to get thru this? My heart is still so broken from losing Jett.

As horrible as it will be, you will get through this. You will because you're stronger than you can even imagine, but also because your girl will need you to be, and you will rise to that. You have us to vent to and cry with, always, but for your girl you will love and support her up 'til the time you say your final good-bye. And the day she passes, she will leave you knowing just exactly how much you love her; at peace.

But, let's not get ahead of ourselves, because she's not! She's right here, right now, and is your teacher in this.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

New chant:

*Cricket will be the lucky dog, happy and loved to the end of her sunny days! Biscuits and all good things will shower on her. Belly rubs will be available on demand. Wonderful vet staff will fall in love with her and treat her like royalty! *

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

I'm really sorry to read that Cricket has cancer :(

I'm going to PM you.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest KRKWMU

I can't believe you got this terrible news after those clean X-rays before. After going through so much with Jett and his cancer, I can't imagine what it would be like going through it again. :(

I already sent you a PM, but please hang in there. Let us know what we can do to help. Give Cricket a big hug from Bonnie. :bighug

I am so Sorry. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and Cricket too, I just don't know what to say so I am sending lots of hugs...... :bighug:bighug:bighug:bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I am so very sorry to learn of this terrible news. What a gorgeous, gorgeous girl she is.

Sending prayers and hugs. :(:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest SquanHound

I can't believe this -- I have been MIA for a bit, but something just told me I had to check in on GT. I am so sorry. You know that you and Cricket are in my prayers. I have told you before, but just in case, I work around the corner from RB Vet Hospital. If you ever need anything please call me. They are the very best with that awful "C" word and I trust that Cricket is in very good hands. Xan is right -- you need to keep repeating your new mantra. Hugs and prayers are headed your way.

New chant:

*Cricket will be the lucky dog, happy and loved to the end of her sunny days! Biscuits and all good things will shower on her. Belly rubs will be available on demand. Wonderful vet staff will fall in love with her and treat her like royalty! *

Such a beautiful baby... I'm so very sorry to hear the diagnosis. :cry1 In the coming weeks, you will find that you have reserves of strength you never knew about. Trust me. :bighug

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

This is the 1st place I went to after logging on.

Jeez. :cry1

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project