The Greyhound Dictionary.

Guest marnie

Guest Zigsdad

Train Wrecking: The sound of adoption tags, license tags, and vaccination tags clanging together in the dark at 4:00 AM as "puppy" does the shake.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gatemaster93

Mommy - that waitress lady who dresses you in silly coats, makes kissy noises at you in front of others, and inspects/critques all your poops.

Daddy - male form of the Mommy.

Couple of more:

SA - A grey that suffers from sepration anxiety

Greystalker: A Greyhound owner or lover who follows another greyhound owner who is a total stranger to them just so they can meet thier Grey. Never mind the human contact.  :blush

Guest marnie

:0 Wow! I haven't been on Greytalk for three days and when I come back today I see three pages (55) responses to my "Greyhound Dictionary" post! Cool! Keep it going!

AARRGGHHHHHWAAAOOOOOAAAAAARGGHHHH - the word that comes our of your persons mouth when you spot a squirrel in the park and take off after it, draggign your human behind you like a kite

(this phrase was tested out by Wallace when we took him and Maddison to a park today for a bit of a walk and an icecream :)  All was well until we were heading down quite a steep slope. I had Wallace and Marc had Maddison.  A squirrel appeared, did a squirrel dance and then headed up a tree - closely followed by Wallace and closely followed by me :lol.  Maddison, of course, was looking the wrong way and didn't notice a thing :lol :lol)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm tellin' ya Marnie - it was something else  :lol   Only about 10 minutes earlier, Marc and I had said we wondered what Wallace would do if he saw a squirrel - and then we found out :lol  I actually had to drop the lead because the slope was steep and I was totally out of control.  It was quite scary at the time (but funny afterwards).  Luckily, he only went to the tree and stopped, sniffing around the bottom, and luckily, no-one else was around to witness this most ridiculous event.  More luckily, Wallace didn't run off anywhere :)  The lesson I've learnt is that if we're going to walk him in an area where there may be small furries, he'll have to either be held by Marc or have a body harness on so that I have full control at all times.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest sundog

SNOOTY - Noun  "Get your snooty out of there."

SNOOTY - Verb "Did you snooty up that window?"

FLOOFING - See NESTING

Guest BoomerMom

WINDOW DRIPPINGS:  What happens to doors and windows after a grey has pressed his nose up against the glass.  Most commonly see in the back seat of cars.

pee-mail -  What is left for you to decifer when walking thru another dog's area.  You must always squeeze out a little pee-mail reply.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

pee-mail -  What is left for you to decifer when walking thru another dog's area.  You must always squeeze out a little pee-mail reply.

Jed's Mom! :lol :lol

paula_sig.gif

~One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all ~

Guest Zigsdad

Sanfordizing: What your grey does to things while you are away leaving them in a heaping pile never to be used again. ie:Window blinds

Yak: A pile of slobbery kibble left for later.

Hoovering: The ability to suck kibble directly into the throat without chewing. This action usually results in Yak. See above.

Guest Chris
Bunny Tossle ~ when you take your toy, shake it wildly and then toss it in the air.

...and it flies up and over the back of the couch, hits mom on the shoulder and bounces onto the tv tray containing her adult beverage, causing it to fall over and mom to yelp and say, "At least it wasn't RED wine!".

chris

That's Maggie. She even lifts her leg a little bit too.

The Poop Scoop: See PeeMail

Clare and Dylan.

Guest marnie

GUR: the transportof Greyhounds from tracks to rescue groups, from rescue groups to foster homes, from foster homes to adoptive homes, etc. through an Underground Railroad-style network.

Guest raudette

OMG! the Pee-Mail had me rolling in Laughter!!!

Don't forget

"PlayBow" - See Butts Up

and this one:

"StinkFeet": Chronic condition - when pooch hasn't had a bath in Oh, say 20 minutes - and decides that she needs to sleep facing you, with all 4's in vacinity of either your sheets (osmosis) or your nose !

You guys &gals have me laughing sooo hard!!

OH, one I forgot:

"Ear-gasm": see second part of Stritches

and

"The-Spot-Incognito":  the spot on Poochie's back near pelvis that never is in the same place, but makes poochie's back leg twitch because it feels soo good - but must be re-found every time her human wants to scratch it..

Becky & Cutie~

Guest marnie
OMG! the Pee-Mail had me rolling in Laughter!!!

Don't forget

"PlayBow" - See Butts Up

and this one:

"StinkFeet": Chronic condition - when pooch hasn't had a bath in Oh, say 20 minutes - and decides that she needs to sleep facing you, with all 4's in vacinity of either your sheets (osmosis) or your nose !

You guys &gals have me laughing sooo hard!!

OH, one I forgot:

"Ear-gasm": see second part of Stritches

and

"The-Spot-Incognito":  the spot on Poochie's back near pelvis that never is in the same place, but makes poochie's back leg twitch because it feels soo good - but must be re-found every time her human wants to scratch it..

Becky & Cutie~

:lol  :lol My husband claims that our Greyhound's feet smell like corn chips!!! :lol  :lol  I'm not sure I agree! :0

Guest marnie
WINDOW DRIPPINGS:  What happens to doors and windows after a grey has pressed his nose up against the glass.  Most commonly see in the back seat of cars.

BoomerMom, my husband wanted me to add that he calls nose prints on the car windows:

snart.  Which is a combo of snout + art! :lol  :lol

I knew he would start reading (lurking) the posts at GreyTalk eventually. :lol

(edited for spelling)

Guest marnie

I know that some of these Greyhound definitions and terms have been around since Greyhound adoption first started....but I just like to keep adding to the list.:lol

Some, if not most, of the terms on this list are very original and very funny, and definately worth reading.:lol

My plan is to post this list on our Greyhound adoption group web site for our adopters to enjoy too. :)

Penny asked me to add these to the list:

Chez Garbahge: The best restaurant in town. It's an all you can eat smorgasbord, and every day there is a different menu! Only drawback: this restaurant closes when Mom comes home.

Casa de Catfood: A great fast-food joint. I stop there several times a day just to pick up a little snack. Easy to grab and run when mom's not looking.

:P

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}