Occasional Knuckling Under And

An adopter's grey has recently had knuckling under of a front foot (although not all the time.)

He has had diarrhea, is getting very thin. Vet mentioned a protein problem - maybe enteropathy.

I think the dog is 9 years old.

I do not know what treatment the dog is getting. And I don't know any other details. I have searched the FCE and vestibular postings.

Would the knuckling, diarrhea and protein issue be an assortment of issues or is there a single condition that would show all those signs?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest tigger

Is he eating well or not? What is he eating? Is he hydrated...drinking a normal amount of water or more than he should?

Would focus on the weight loss and diarrhea issue along with the protein loss first. If a dog doesn't feel good....has lost weight...ie energy...the knuckling can be attributed to weakness.

Thanks, Tigger. I don't know any more details than what I posted but I'll be forwarding anyone's ideas to our coordinator.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Test thyroid!

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

What is he being fed?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm forwarding all your responses to our group leader. Thank you so much! I wish I had more details myself.

tiny hada siggy.png

Any chance of a spinal issue? Maybe see a chiropractor or acupuncturist?

There was a dog up at the Dubuque track that had a small stroke (they guessed anyway) and for a few months one side of his body didn't work right and he would knuckle his front foot under. He saw the chiropractor and took robaxin (muscle relaxer) and got massaged. He had a full recovery. He didn't return to racing but was adopted out as a pet :)

I'm not terribly good with kidney problems and digestive issues, but I would think if something was wrong with the spine/spinal cord that could effect many different systems of a dog's body, because the brain's messages to those areas aren't making it there correctly.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--