She's Home!

Guest zoolaine

Guest zoolaine

This is my new puppy. Her mother died during her birth so her and her sister were surrendered to a rescue place at 1 day of age. I found her listing on petfinder.com when she was only 3 weeks old and adopted her at that time.

Her name is Zali (ZAH-LEE) - it is an Australian name meaning "special" and also a Polish name meaning "Princess"

Last week when Zali turned 8 weeks old, I made the trip down to Hays, Kansas to pick her up. The next morning she met her new brothers and sister - Catahoula, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Lab, ?????? mixes who are all littermates. Their litter was found under a bridge as young puppies and I also adopted them from a rescue place - 7 years ago. The introduction was going pretty well until Zali decided to bite everyones tail - which did not go over well. It took a couple of days but she has made a friend with Luna my female dog. The boys are still a little apprehensive about her, since her puppy antics are a little unpredictable. But everyone gets along a little better each day.

Zali at 2 weeks old

Lili2weeksold.jpg

4 weeks old

Zali4week.jpg

5 1/2 weeks old with her sister

ZaliMiley.jpg

At home - 8 weeks old

100_2301.jpg

100_2329.jpg

100_2347.jpg

100_2317.jpg

100_2340.jpg

100_2363.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG- I almost fell off my chair at the cuteness of her!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest zoolaine
Zali is beautiful! What happened to her sister? We are going to need more pictures.

Luckily her sister was adopted a few days before I picked Zali up - otherwise I probably would have brought both of them home :lol:lol:lol

Here are 2 more pictures:

So proud that she was able to get up on the dog couch all be herself

100_2322.jpg

100_2325.jpg

Guest JasnJack

All the pictures are cute but that one where she's laying stretched out on 2 beds... oh.my.gosh!!! I'm swooning!! Sooooooo precious!!

Guest greyhoundluv

She is so precious! Congrats!!!!!! You will have to join the Land Shark Club, lol :) Can't wait to see and hear more of her.

Guest redreed

Oh too cute!!! Welcome to Land Shark club. It's sooooo much fun for all it's a little crazy.

She's just a doll. :wub::wub:

She is a doll! I love the photo of Zali between two beds! :lol

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Congratulations! I love the Froggy Princess pose between two beds. She is adorable.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Congratulations!!!!! She is Precious! Please keep us posted with lots of pictures. I love to see them as they are growing up. :wub::wub::wub:

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

She's so cute :wub:

What tickles me about pups is that so many of the pictures of them have their mouths wide open, just waiting for something (anything) to go in there :lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!