Hacking?

Over the past few weeks, I've noticed Lewis hacking (like he's just eaten some grass) sometimes after he's had some water or after a treat (a piece or two of kibble). He doesn't do it after breakfast or dinner (I mix it with water). He only does it for a few seconds and then he's fine. He tends to be a gobbler when it comes to food. Is this something I should be concerned about? Other than that, he's in perfect health so I'm not sure what's up with this hacking business. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Have you noticed any shortness of breath or slowing down on walks?

Not that I've noticed....it has been very hot here recently so all of them have slowed down a bit but he really seems fine other than that. He has an appointment w/ the vet tomorrow morning for something unrelated but I'm going to talk to them about this as well.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Mine do it all the time. I sometimes think they're like chipmunks and keep a few bits stored in the back of their throats to hack up when they want a little snack!

Seriously, I think that small things like treats and grass blades just don't get all the way down sometimes and it takes another go at it to swallow it.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly