Asking For Many Prayers

We had to take Emmy to the vet today. Looks like there is something going on with her spleen or somewhere in the general vacinity. They took xrays, her spleen is out of position, not to the extent that it could be a tortion though. Of course the x-rays can't tell you any more than that so she has to stay at the vet's Monday and have an ultrasound. The vet said there is a 50-50 chance that this is something very serious (cancer) so if you all could spare some prayers we can sure use them. They did blood work and everything is fine there. We've already lost one pup to cancer of the spleen several years ago so we've been this route before and I'm scared to death.

Update!

Okay, we didn't see our regular vet yesterday but I made a discovery this morning. A little background, Emmy up until this morning was eating, peeing, poohing just fine. What had happened is that she quit playing, wouldn't play with her basket ball, walked very slowly, wouldn't run, took the stairs one step at a time instead of bounding up them and she was having trouble jumping into her crate, like she was afraid to and it would take several tries before she would actually do it. So off to the vet we went. I did ask the vet yesterday to check her eyes and make sure she was seeing okay because I noticed a little cloudiness in them. She told me it was just old age creeping up on Emmy.

Fast forward to this morning, after she refused breakfast she ate chicken like it was going out of style! So I decided to take her outside alone with me while I transplanted some plants I had on the porch. She went out and lay down in the grass and when I called her to come in she stood up, walked in the wrong direction and walked into the fence! That was so wierd that I brought her in and decided to test her eyes to see if she could see, I think she's blind, or partially blind! I put an object in front of her eyes and tried to get her to follow it, once it's not directly in front of her she looses it. I think this explains her wanting to lay on her bed all the time and now growls at any dogs that comes lose to her. This morning she was looking for a bed to lay on and went to every one, sniffing for dogs until she found an empty one. She didn't just walk to an empty bed. It would explain why she's always coming in last, always up the stairs last and always last to come to bed. Kevin told me when he threw her ball she didn't even acknowledge that the ball went past her. This would also explain why when we brought her home yesterday and everyone came to say hi to her she was growling and snarling at everyone because they had her surrounded.

What do you guys think?

Edited to add: when she turned to look at me this morning, her eyes had a blue tint to them, not brown like they used to be. The light just caught them just right and I gasped when I saw them. How could I not have noticed that????

Mike will be taking her in in the morning and talking with OUR vet and see what he says.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many, many positive, healing thoughts are speeding to you and Emmy in Tennessee! Keep us posted. :grouphug

Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Lots of prayers and some scritchies from here, Judy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:hope

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

MANY MANY prayers coming from us for your beautiful Emmy girl! :hope:candle:hope

:getwell Emmy!

:bighug

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

Guest Vinnie

Joining in the prayer chant from here and sending lots of healing thoughts and white light and hoping this turns out to be nothing serious. Hugs to you all and scritches for sweet Emmy.

Sending good thoughts for Emmy and hoping that it's something that can be handled fairly easily...

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I'll be thinking of you and so hoping it's nothing as serious as you fear Judy. Hugs to you all.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest wmlcml6

I'm so sorry to hear Emmy is not feeling well. I hope Monday's vet visit brings better news for her.

You and Emmy will be in my prayers. Love you. HUGS.

Guest tricolorhounds

Sending good thoughts out to Emmy... :grouphug

Last July, our 13 year old Cecily was diagnosed with an enlarged spleen. We opted for surgery and it turned out to be a grapefruit sized hematoma. Surgery was successful and she's still here with us.

:hope:hope:candle Emmy will stay in our prayers until we hear she's okay. We will light a special candle for your girl

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless