The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After one tour is up, do you always move somewhere else? And do you ever go back to someplace you've already been?

I mean (perish the thought), could they assign you to Kodiak for ANOTHER two years?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

After one tour is up, do you always move somewhere else? And do you ever go back to someplace you've already been?

I mean (perish the thought), could they assign you to Kodiak for ANOTHER two years?

If that happens, I bet we'll be seeing Jeff and Trudy's mug shots on the national news. :lol

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

back to back overseas tours only really happen when someone asks for them.

They could transfer you back to someplace you have already been, sure. Like I could go back to Boston, etc. As long as there is a position open at your present rank.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

I'm getting the picture that if Jeff was reassigned to Kodiak for two more years retirement might start looking pretty darn good....

Is Kodiak considered overseas?

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I'm getting the picture that if Jeff was reassigned to Kodiak for two more years retirement might start looking pretty darn good....

Is Kodiak considered overseas?

I think anything outside the contiguous united states is considered overseas, isn't it?

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

no concern, they just don't do it. AK and HI are not eligible for prime.

Seems 99.9% of companies who offer free shipping to ANY US address, exclude AK and HI even if it is not written in the fine print.

Hell, it seems like 50% of people don't even know that AK is part of the US

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Wait! Alaska is a state! :eek

:lol :lol :lol :lol

That just sucks about the shipping. Asshats!!

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Do you think that once it has to cross water it's a whole 'nuther ball game?

if it makes you feel better a huge number of people don't know New Mexico is a state either. That's why they made their license plates say "New Mexico USA"

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

no concern, they just don't do it. AK and HI are not eligible for prime.

Seems 99.9% of companies who offer free shipping to ANY US address, exclude AK and HI even if it is not written in the fine print.

Hell, it seems like 50% of people don't even know that AK is part of the US

Well I found out for Trudy that Dyson does ship to Alaska on their F&F offer.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Wonder if they make a Dyson with enough suction to clean up Kodiak?

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Wonder if there is a limit on the number of Dysons to be shipped to Kodiak....

I might be able to get all the wives together and we can just start at one end of town with some really long extension cords :lol

Here's the campaign.....SAVE AN ISLAND....SEND A DYSON TO KODIAK!

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

I have a good friend in the Coast Guard Academy and wants to have a career in the CG. I will tell him if they want to put him in Kodiak that he should run :lol

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest IrskasMom

Is Kodiak the only "bad" Tour the CG can ship you to or are there any other " bad " Places for CG Stations? What I am

trying to say,when Jeff has Kodiak out of the Way it can only get better ..... yes ???? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wonder if there is a limit on the number of Dysons to be shipped to Kodiak....

I might be able to get all the wives together and we can just start at one end of town with some really long extension cords :lol

Y'all could get in the Guinness Book of World Records doing that.

How're the pups doing? Do we get some more pictures of the house and environs?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Sniffy
He spent over 3 years there before he transferred to NY and never ate out in Boston.

And I got more snow there than we did where we were in NY. We weren't actually IN the snowbelt of NY - just below it.

Wow...I had no idea® ! Before my days as a GTer, I guess.

Um....never ate at a restaurant in Boston? With the CG station steps away from some great Italian restos? :blink: :blink: :blink: The commissary must have been top notch! :lol :lol

Guest Sniffy
no commissary there in Boston. I lived an hour away in Nashua NH, so when I left the ship I headed north quickly before I hit the traffic rush.

Ah, okay, that makes sense!

I know you prob. won't get back here to Boston what with the taxes through the roof and the weather not being what you're looking for (despite the heat wave we're in the middle of right now!) . But, it would be cool for GT command to be so close by.

This place is just full of surprises - always something new.

Earlier this week, I was the reason for somebody wanting to kill themselves. Well, both Jeff and I as the mean, nasty, whiny, bitchy NYers, but since I was the one on the phone, it was my fault. Welcome to Kodiak, I'm going to kill myself because of you.

Yesterday, we went to the bank to get cash from the ATM. Ummm.... the bank doesn't have an ATM :lol Guess we won't be opening an act with them as I might actually like my money at times they are not open.

There is a rocket launch today at the other end of the island. I might head that direction to check it out since it is kind of cloudy/overcast, so not likely I'll be able to see it from the house.

I know you prob. won't get back here to Boston what with the taxes through the roof

Taxes were much worse in NY.

Guest Sniffy
I know you prob. won't get back here to Boston what with the taxes through the roof

Taxes were much worse in NY.

OK then, it's settled! To Boston! in..... what is it, 715 days?

Not that you have time or anything, but I hope that you are keeping a diary of sorts about your adventures in Kodiak. It has all of the makings for a good book. Something like..."If You Think You're Having a Bad Day....Try Living on Kodiak Island"

Just a suggestion :lol