The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

So when is the last time any of you spent 45 minutes scrubbing your range hood?

It is kind of nasty when you see nasty grease running down your wall that you just cleaned :angryfire:puke

Yes, we hired a cleaning person to clean the house before we moved in, but she didn't finish and one of the places she didn't finish... the kitchen.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is kind of nasty when you see nasty grease running down your wall that you just cleaned :angryfire:puke

Yes, we hired a cleaning person to clean the house before we moved in, but she didn't finish and one of the places she didn't finish... the kitchen.

Gross, nothing like cleaning up someone else's mess. Ewww.....

Janet & Liddy

Katy, Texas

but been all over

I am sure J & R love it when its not raining .

There are no sidewalks where we are since we are not in the "town" but in the burrough. The roads are not paved (other than the main ones) so they are dirt/rock roads.

Jet hates walking on rocks/gravel.

Ryan is not so fond of it either.

They want to walk down to the dumpster with me, but hate just about every step of it because where the roads aren't hard packed by cars, it is lose gravel and it hurts to walk on it... even with sneakers! And where it is packed, rocks poke through the dirt and packed gravel.

And it is dusty when vehicles go by - most give you lots of space when they go around (hey, they know it is dusty too), but then you have the dumbasses that think it is fun to play chicken with the chick on the edge of the 'road' walking 2 dogs and when the dumbasses do decide to not plow you over, they don't give you so much room. Dumbass is going to have his truck kicked the next time he does it.

I think Belize City (in the city) still has Kodiak beat, but not by much.

Now I'm off for my daily trip to Walmart - at least the parking lot there is paved :lol

Guest IrskasMom

You can get just about get everything in Wal Mart including Food and Dog Food >>> TGFWM . Is it well stocked ??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by IrskasMom

Guest FrostyBottoms

This is Kodiak.

Guest IrskasMom

Whats the Name of the Road you live on , I can find it on Google Earth . Would be Interresting???

wow...it's not like kitchens need to be clean or anything, right?

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I hope you didn't finish paying her, then.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

This is Kodiak.

You're probably going to get banned for that remark! :P

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

You can get just about get everything in Wal Mart including Food and Dog Food >>> TGFWM . Is it well stocked ??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It is not a full size al-Mart like they have in the rest of the world. Not a Super Wal-Mart, and even smaller than the old style wal-marts. We are very limited here.

Whats the Name of the Road you live on , I can find it on Google Earth . Would be Interresting???

Sharatin... last I looked we could not see it from google earth,

kodiak #$%^&*@ sucks ass!

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Sharatin Road is on google earth....doesn't look half bad from a distance....lol

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Try again in 5 minutes - we'll stand out side and say "hi" :lol

Walmart - I went in for a thermometer for the fish tank (I dropped the one for the tank last night and it broke) and clear thread. I left with clear thread. About par for the Walmart course.

It is small and you have a limited selection - but at least there is a Walmart here... one of the other Alaska CG stations does not have that luxury.

here is our house in Kodiak

Kodiak_House.jpg

last time we looked we were still in NY and did not know the area. Typing Sharatin Rd into google earth does not actually show you Sharatin RD, but rather Rezanof

turn on the road view and see how FUBAR the maps of Kodiak are. GPS units like garmin and tomtom are about useless here because of this.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Looks like any other suburban residence. What are y'all bitchin about? :mum

I'm really sorry it's been such a crap sandwich so far. :sad1

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

I hate those too!

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

So, just what kindergarten class did the google mapping for roads? I seldom drink....but hotdamn....the way those roads are mapped out....perhaps I should indulge.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Guest embarkguru

Do you think that you can justify a off-road vehicle for a POV since you are stationed in an area with moon crator roads? I'm sure there's a DD form somewhere for that. Just list it as a wrench or hammer. DoD will pay for it then. :lol:lol

Jeff when do you leave for sea? And how long will you be gone for?

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

soon (can't post that)

and will be gone just a tad under 4 months

If you're going to leave Trudy all alone in the hellhole for four months you'd better order some really nice gifts for her while you're out at sea!

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I live in Erie PA, and we have a very nice Coast Guard station here at the end of our Presque Isle State Park. Great city to live in--not too big, not too small. And once you go through an Alaskan winter, the lake effect snows will seem like nothing!

:) Something to think about next time around :)