Snickers' Pre-birth Wellness Exam

Guest wmlcml6

Guest wmlcml6

I took Mama Snickers to the vet today for a general check up, worm test and x-ray.

The diagnosis?

No worms!

Great health!

Beautiful soft coat!

And ........................

5c0eaa9b.jpg

My picture of the x-ray is as good as it gets. The x-ray itself wasn't crystal clear.

What you are looking for is the little skeletons at the bottom part of the belly.

Dr. H's guess is 4-5 pups "but there could be one or two hidden under an organ".

So my new official guess is 5-6.

He said "Congratulations! I'm sorry there aren't more."

I said "Are you kidding? I'm happy with 5-6."

Approximately 10-13 more days to go. :-) Phew.

I always get excited/nervous about now .. by next week I will be nesting - making sure the house is spring cleaned because once babies come, they get our attention nonstop.)

Guest shelbygirl07

AWEEE little puppies. who doesn't love little puppies.

you must post pictures when they are born!!

congrats momma!

I see a panda bear in that x-ray. :P It's like looking at cloud formations.

:lol :lol I was wondering if it was just me! I see a snowman.

Seriously, I hope all goes well with Snickers (great name!) and that she is a happy mom of healthy little puppies.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest wmlcml6
My guess is 6, and MAN does the poor girl need to poop!

Lynn

That's what the vet tech said! We had to rush our morning potty break this morning to get to the vet on time, so you get the benefit of seeing it on film. ;-)

There was a big aggressive black shepherd there this morning and he was barking loudly as he walked through the office (he had to wear a scary looking wire muzzle, too). Vet tech said the owner likes his dog that way, so he never corrects him. Yes, he was a big dorky looking redneck. I think although Snickers didn't act stressed by that and the visit itself, she was a little anxious because she had some serious soft poo when we got home. So if we took a picture now, the poo would be gone. ;-)

Thanks for the well wishes. I will certainly post pics of the wee ones when they arrive. Due date is June 13th.

Oh ... here's a picture of Snickers "outside",

snickers1.jpg

and another wearing her new NancyB collar we just got yesterday.

snickers2.jpg

How proud and happy she looks with herself!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest wmlcml6
aww thats a proud looking mama to be :) so when her pups are older will they go on to race?

That is certainly the plan. :colgate We will train them and then they will race for our kennel.

Would you look at that!!!! Good girl Snickers! I can't wait to see the new babies, I'll bet they're going to be absolutely gorgeous!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

The daddy is Take It Over (aka Mudd) - you can see his races in the EEG thread -- Chris (Doggfather) is keeping us updated with Mudd's progress in the Stakes Races down there this month (Mudd's kicking some serious greyhound hiney)

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Guest Dragonmom
aww thats a proud looking mama to be :) so when her pups are older will they go on to race?

That is certainly the plan. :colgate We will train them and then they will race for our kennel.

are the pups able to be preadopted? OHHH and i have a name for a pup.

I'll be there to help whelp :)

Chris, will this be your first whelping? :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

:yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

More dark brindles... maybe!! ;)

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****