Lump On Foot

Guest momto5greys

Guest momto5greys

My broodie Neva has a lump above the big pad on her front foot. She's not limping and doesn't appear to be in any distress. When she bears weight on it, it's not noticeable but it is when you lift the foot or she's laying down.

It's not mushy but rather more solid. The vet tried to aspirate it with little success. She said what few cells she got appeared normal. All her blood values were greyhound normal. I am going to have her see the orthopedic vet that our group uses but in the mean time I was just wondering if anyone has had some experience with something like this.

Guest momto5greys

With the coloring of her foot, you can't see it in a picture. Plus I haven't quite figured out the whole picture posting thing on here yet!

I've never heard of a bowed tendon, of course that's not saying much! I am going to be boarding them with our adoption group this coming week and have asked them to have their vet look at her. I will let you know what the vet says.

Keep your fingers crossed that it's not anything serious. I've got one going through chemo now and don't think I could afford another one!

Guest momto5greys

Update, the vet says it's an old racing injury and nothing to worry about since it's not bothering her.

Whew!

Edited to add that it is something to do with the tendon.

Edited by momto5greys