Robbin Wiseman Animal Cruelty Case, Orange County, Nc

Guest ThunderPaws

Guest ThunderPaws

Three years ago on Memorial Day Weekend, we witnessed the horrible animal cruelty and neglect case of Robbin Wiseman of Orange County, North Carolina.

This woman kept 66 dogs in her house under horrible conditions, 51 of them were greyhounds. The dogs were kept in small plastic crates around the house, including in the attic, living off their own feces to survive. Most dogs were covered with hundreds of ticks, their bodies so emaciated and caked with feces and urine that they were barely able to stand up during their exam by the animal shelter vets. A couple of males only weighed 47 pounds of skin and bones. The smell was unbearable when the dogs stumbled off the animal control truck...

Several greyhounds were too far gone and had to be euthanized at the shelter. :(

We will always have the name Robbin Wiseman in our minds with the horrible images of emaciated and neglected greyhounds.

Link to the case on Pet-Abuse. com : http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/4710/NC/US/

Tucker, Beau and friends, you will never be forgotten... :f_red

:f_red Hoping it never happens again.

NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest vahoundlover

Always in our hearts :f_red

Thank you for posting this. Do we know about any of the hounds that survived? Greyhound or otherwise?

Boss and the 3 others my group took in are doing great!

Guest charmsmom

Smoothie is alive and well here in Mebane. I saw her this weekend and she's in greyt shape. One of the dogs (Chase)did not make it and the ashes were spread at the Project Racing Home 5th Anniversary and we dedicated the new play area. Boss was adopted out by Star City Greyhounds. Rosie is 14.5 now and still enjoying life.

Those are a few of the ones that PRH handled. Several went to GFNC and other groups.

Smoothie is alive and well here in Mebane. I saw her this weekend and she's in greyt shape. One of the dogs (Chase)did not make it and the ashes were spread at the Project Racing Home 5th Anniversary and we dedicated the new play area. Boss was adopted out by Star City Greyhounds. Rosie is 14.5 now and still enjoying life.

Those are a few of the ones that PRH handled. Several went to GFNC and other groups.

One of the survivors is my sweet heart hound, Emma. She is now 8.5 and is living a life of luxury. She is so very special and is loved by all who meet her. She will be going to Mountain Hounds this week with me.

I pray that the horrible condition in that awful place in Orange County, NC will never happend again. I hope someone is monitoring Wiseman because it would be too easy for her and her husband to have more dogs and repeat their crimes.

Guest Mommydog

Poor things :f_red There was a similar case near here a couple of years back. The woman in question had around 230 dogs, many in a very bad condition. I seem to remember she went to prison, but not for very long, because a couple of years later it was discovered she'd started collecting again and had amassed another 50-60 dogs.

I was just thinking about this the other day. It's so good to hear that some of the survivors are in homes and doing well.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

:f_red:f_red Heartbreaking. We have a similar situation going on here and is still ongoing. So far an LA shelter has already taken in over 180 dogs and there are still more to get.This is how I ended up welcoming Ekko.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

It still astounds me that I thought I knew Robbin! We saw her often at lure coursing meetings. The dogs she brought were always beautiful... the picture of health. I'll never forget reading about what she was REALLY doing to her dogs!!!

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

Guest greytlady

Star City took 4 dogs, Malachi, Tony, Boss and Jed. They are all hale and hardy and enjoying their second or third lease on life. I will never forget the looks on the volunteers faces when they met me at the kennel to meet the new babies and this was after a week at the Greyhound Friends spa! They have been blessings to their new families and most of the old scars have healed.

Prayers for the ones that didn't get a chance to live out the rest of their lives on a loved one's couch.

:f_red

I will always remember. :f_red:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest PhillyPups

Although I never met her or her hounds personally, I spoke to her many times, thinking she knew what she was doing. :angryfire

:hope WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! :hope

I can't believe it's been 3 years already. f_yellow

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound