Ew! Ew! Ew!

I know, 'tis the season and all that. But still...EW!

I invited Manero up to share the couch with me. I was cuddling with him, and felt something in the hair on this cheek. Pulled it out, thinking "PLEASE don't be a tick!" it was! EW!

I jumped up so fast, and threw the thing into the sink. I had just washed dishes, so there was water all over in the sink. Tick got mired in a drop of water as I flew to the bathroom to grab the rubbing alcohol.

Poured some alcohol into a well-sealing plastic container, transferred tick into it, and sealed it up. Tick is swimming now, and dogs are Frontlined...

EW!

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!

I hear ya. I hate ticks :puke they just give me the heeby jeebies. Bleurgh!

Glad you got it off! :clap

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

YUK....I am so glad that we don't have ticks here(nor do we have fleas) I do not do bugs!! Off topic a bit....I miss seeing the pictures of your dogs in you sig.A Borzoi is my dream dog

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I can't believe the coincidence - just 10 minutes ago I pulled a tick off of Saber. He was laying down next to me while I was working on the computer. All of a sudden he kept picking his head up and looking at his side - so I looked too, and Ahhhh!! A TICK. I grabbed it in a tissue (it had not attached yet) and then dropped it in my tea light candle and set it on fire. Oh, I hate those things. Now I am all icky myself - thoroughly checked both greys and myself, but the memory lingers....

Frontline is going on them tonight. :eek

I miss seeing the pictures of your dogs in you sig.A Borzoi is my dream dog

Oh, they'll be back once I get this dragon thing out of my system! :lol

The plus side is that the thing had not embedded yet. I think he either picked it up in our backyard, or when we went to a state park for social time yesterday.

Poor guy thought I was angry at him though! :blush I jumped up so fast, doing the heebie-jeebie dance and yelling. LOL I had to reassure him I was in no way upset at him, and I still love him!

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

We were in our Pocono home this weekend and on Polli we found one. Thanks for the frontline, it did not enbed in her and we were able to get it off of her before it was enbedded in her. They are nasty!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

So far, I've gotten four off of Stel, one off of Sparkle (my cat) and one off of me. Don't know why, but my other three have not had one and they're the ones that spend more time outside!! Stel likes the sofa....Lizzie, Lewis and Hitch like to be outside with me. Luckily, none of them have been embedded. Now I'm obsessed with checking all of them when they come in. I just gave everyone their second dose of Frontline Plus for the spring on Friday so hopefully, it'll ease up soon.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Thank goodness my part of Dallas is almost tick free -- I haven't seen one in the 5+ years we've been here. When I got those strays and farm dogs from Oklahoma I was up to my eyeballs in ticks. I stopped counting after 200 on one stray. :puke I am not good about ticks on myself tho.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg