Inexpensive Rimadyl

I used to get mine from petscriptions.com because it was 54.00 and the vet charges 110.00. But our vet now price matches. You may want to ask your vet if they will do the same.Hope so...

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest KennelMom

The cheapest I've found it (by the bottle) is at http://www.thomasvetdrug.com/. Our vet wrote us an RX for a 60 count bottle. It's not online, but it's in their print catalog for $62.95 for 60count/100mg. $51.95 for 60count/75mg. You can fax the prescription to them or mail it. Don't bother emailing them b/c it takes a while...I called them to coordinate filling the RX and got right through to a human. We've ordered several things from them in the past and always been happy with their products and fast shipping.

If you need individual pills, I have no idea. :P

Ask your vet about switching to Meloxicam. It's an NSAID like Rimadyl and is available on the $4 formulary at both WalMart and Target.

If the vet feels that Rimadyl is a better choice for your dog, then go with it, but meloxicam/Metacam/Mobic can be just as effective.

Lynn

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

I haven't used Meloxicam in dogs, but I have used it many times in rabbits and guinea pigs, with good pain control and no problems--given how delicate they are it seems like it'd probably be worth a try.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest longdogs

The active ingredient in Rimadyl is the drug carprofen. You can buy generic carprofen here in Australia which is just as good and much cheaper. I don't know whether it is available in the US. You would have to speak with your vet or pharmacist. It sounds like Novox might be an equivalent.