Hershey Has Lymphoma

Guest HersheysMom

I'm so sorry to read this. I hope Hershey responds well to the treatment. He'll be in all our thoughts and prayers.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending :getwell wishes and prayers to your baby boy. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest HersheysMom

Thanks everyone for their good thoughts, advice, and offers to help. It really means a lot. Patricia, I will definitely pm you.

Hershey is doing well today! With all of the wonderful drugs they sent us home with he's eating, keeping food down, and no longer has diarrhea. Only side effect we are seeing is w/the prednisone he is peeing every two hours. He really looks like he feels better. He is still exhausted for the most part, but perks up for food and we even took a little ride in the car today.

I'm a little ansty about his second treatment because it's one that can affect the white blood cell count and they said they may have to half the dose since his count is already so low they're a little concerned. The treatment he just got this week should help with that some, though, so we can only hope for the best that his bloodwork looks better next week.

Paws crossed.

Sending scritchies for your boy and hugs for yourself. Good to hear that he is doing so well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Good to hear he's feeling good and he's eating and that he enjoyed his car ride. We lit a special candle for him this morning and will keep you both in our prayers. :candle

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest KRKWMU

I'm so sorry to hear about Hersey. Glad he's doing well with the chemo though. Our girl, Bonnie, was diagnosed with lymphoma this past Febraury. It's been a rollercoaster ride and I wasn't prepared for all of the ups and downs. We just recently switched to different chemo medications and her appetite has been off ever since. Overall though, she's done well and we'd do it all over again.

Someone recommended the book "Help Your Dog Fight Cancer" by Laurie Kaplan to me when Bonnie was first diagnosed. It's a great book for those of us with lymphoma dogs (her dog had lymphoma and did very well). Doesn't take too long to get through it, but it's got a ton of good information.

Keep us updated on how Hersey is doing. PM me if you ever need anything.

Guest HersheysMom
Good to hear he's feeling good and he's eating and that he enjoyed his car ride. We lit a special candle for him this morning and will keep you both in our prayers. candle.gif

Thank you so much for lighting a candle for him :colgate

Someone recommended the book "Help Your Dog Fight Cancer" by Laurie Kaplan to me when Bonnie was first diagnosed.

My coworker has this book and is bringing it in tomorrow. They have been fighting osteo with their dog for well over a year now, which is a great amount of time for an osteo dog.

Thank you all...I have been so overwhelmed with the words of support and encouragement, the emails and pms I have received. Some of you have your own sick dogs you are tending to and the fact that you took time out of your day to comfort and guide me when you have so much going on with your own dogs really means a lot. Hershey received a package from Susan and Alan today - with toys for him and Sonie, a cute blanket to wrap him up in, a lovely note and a journal to track our journey through this. I was so touched I cried.

Hugs to all :grouphug

P.S. - Hershey came to the door to greet both me and the dogsitter today!!

Yesterday and today there is a thread running on the Greyhound list about lymphoma. Seems like some dogs are successfully treated with prednisone and nothing else. Also chemo works on some dogs, pred works on others. That revelation blew me away; I had no idea lymphoma could be treated with pred alone! (No experience with lymphoma here; I'm just passing it on in case it might help someone.)

Marcia

Guest HersheysMom
Yesterday and today there is a thread running on the Greyhound list about lymphoma. Seems like some dogs are successfully treated with prednisone and nothing else. Also chemo works on some dogs, pred works on others. That revelation blew me away; I had no idea lymphoma could be treated with pred alone! (No experience with lymphoma here; I'm just passing it on in case it might help someone.)

Wowza! Well he is doing ten times better after a week on Pred, but he only started the Pred one day before his first chemo treatment, so hard to tell what's working better or if it's a combination. I'll have to check that out. Definitely makes me glad he's on Pred.