In Loving Memory Of Tricia Olson-giles

Guest VelvetEars

Guest caiteag

I still just don't feel like I have the right words...

Trish, you were loved and will be dearly missed. Give my Quinnie a hug for me...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and I will look for you in the flowers and listen for you in the breeze.

I didn't know Trish since I am fairly new to GT but read her posts and worried about her when she was sick.

The above quote reminds me of this song:

I'll Be There

The Escape Club

over Mountains

over Trees

over Oceans

over Seas

across the desert

I'll be there

in a whisper on the wind

on the smile of a new friend

just think of me

And I'll be there

Don't be afraid, oh my love

I'll be watching you from above

And I'd give all the world tonight,

to be with you

Because I'm on your side,

And I still care

I may have died,

but I've gone nowhere

Just think of me,

And I'll be there

On the edge of a waking dream

over Rivers

over Streams

through Wind and Rain

I'll be there

Across the wide and open sky

thousands of miles I'd fly

to be with you

I'll be there

Don't be afraid, oh my love

I'll be watching you from above

And I'd give all the world tonight,

to be with you

Because I'm on your side,

And I still care

I may have died,

but I've gone nowhere

Just think of me,

And I'll be there

In the breath of a wind that sighs

oh, there's no need to cry

Just think of me,

And I'll be there

Adrian, you and the Zoo are in my thoughts.

Adrienne

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

Rest in peace, Trish.

Here is a poem I wrote a while back. Hope this helps Adrian and all those who were close to her.

Shed but one tear

Shed but one tear

If you must.

Let it slide down your cheek

To dry upon your lips.

Turn your lips upward

Remember

Joy, laughter, good times.

Think of those past times

With happiness.

Let those thoughts

Console, comfort, wrap around you.

Never dwell on sad thoughts-

Hold on only to happiness.

Do not let grief consume you.

Let your memories empower you

To be strong and confident.

Though you may be sad that I am gone

Do not hold on to sadness

My time for life came and it has gone.

Let He who gives Eternal Life guide you

and turn every grief filled moment in to

thoughts of everlasting life.

For I am looking forward to that time

when we will meet again.

2wck1zc.jpg

It's 4:08 CST. I'm thinking about Trish's funeral and just feeling really sad. Hugs to everyone. I feel so lucky to be a part of this family even though it hurts so much when we lose one of our own. Trish joins some wonderful Greytalkers who've gone before her. I feel strongly that they are still there...still caring what happens down here even as they have other - more important - things to attend to now.

God this hurts.

Tami

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest lotsahounds

I still can't seem to believe this actually happened. Too too young. Trish you will be missed by many and remembered by even more!

Guest VelvetEars

I want to thank all of you who gathered here during the funeral. I could feel your love and comfort.

The service was nice. Because I had never met Trish in person before, it's hard for me to say how she looked. Different than her pictures, but still beautiful. Definitely at peace. I had to smile when I saw her - A had put her tiara on her head (she had chosen it to go w/ her gown for their vow renewal this fall), and her gown was hanging up for all of us to see. Her casket was pink and white, and the inside lined with pink satin, nearly the color of her gown. A gorgeous casket spray of pink roses adorned her casket as well. It was all things pink for Miss Trish.

I tucked a letter inside a sachet of lavender flowers and put it in her casket - Trish and I shared a love of lavender, and I wanted her to take that comfort with her. She was holding an orchid (dark pink of course!) in a vial. Some of her photos were displayed, along with her camera and lenses.

Oh - and the officiant mentioned a painting of Peatie with angel wings that hangs in their house....I am assuming this is the one Xan painted. She talked a lot about Trish's love for animals, and how Trish created her own family.

Although there was a short time for people to share about Trish, I didn't - I wish I had. I wanted to say that to know Trish was to love her, and that the one thing that set her apart was that she never wasted a moment. She pursued her dreams with passion, she didn't let her health thwart her plans, and she never missed a chance to tell someone she loved them. We can all learn a lot from her example.

After the service, Judy (JillysFullHouse), her DH, and I had dinner tonight w/ Adrian and John and Jaci - Trish and A's photog friends. We had a lovely evening of laughter and stories. A is leaving tomorrow morning for the drive to SC alone, so please please please keep him in your thoughts and pray for safe travels. I know he is worn out, and 10+ hours in the car alone with his thoughts will be difficult. I am hoping we can keep each other company part of the day on the phone as I drive back to St. Louis and he heads east.

I'm tired from a very long and emotional day, so am going to catch up on a few threads and head to bed. Thank you all again for sending your love and roos this afternoon. I have no doubt that Trish heard them!

Hugs to all of you - and I hugged Adrian for all of you as well. He is grateful for your support.

Edited by VelvetEars

Mereidith, thank you for updating us. I am so glad that you had time with Adrian, Judy and Mike and Trish's other friends it must have been a great comfort. I will be praying for safe travels for Adrian. :grouphug

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest luluaz

I am so hollow, thinking of all the wonderful posts and comments I have read over the years and already missing

her "voice"-

Prayers of peace and love to all, angel blessings to Tricia :f_pink

Lisa

Oh - and the officiant mentioned a painting of Peatie with angel wings that hangs in their house....I am assuming this is the one Xan painted. She talked a lot about Trish's love for animals, and how Trish created her own family.

121007002.jpg

I sent her this painting when Peatie past away...

:cry1

I miss you soo much Trish!

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I've been away from the computer for a few days and I had no idea Trish died. She was the most daring, brave, remarkable, generous, loving person. Her short life was a trial but she overcame everything with the power of love. She felt so blessed by Adrian, her zoo and especially greyhounds but it was she blessed and graced our lives. She bought my first quilted coat for BeBe and that began a dear friendship. I can't type for tears. SHe will be missed by so many and I hope she'll inspire all of us to do more for each other and the greyhounds. Fly high Trish! Danny and Peatie are with you forever!

[gallery_4177_3286_2416.jpg Neighbor Mike

Inspired by Beloved Angels Danny & Mick

Custom Quilted Coats, Wallhangings & MORE

"From there to here, From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

Especially with a greyhound in your life!