In Loving Memory Of Tricia Olson-giles

Guest VelvetEars

Guest TinasTroops

Oh Adrian, :cry1:cry1 know that she loved you dearly and spoke of you to me each and every day.

Thanks for the song Meredith, and all of you for responding to my Tricia's passing. I love her very much,and miss her more than I can ever say.

Thank you all.

Adrian

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GreyFox

Tricia, you were such a strong, kind, humorous, loving presence on GT. Thank you for sharing yourself with us.

God Bless you, Adrian.

Ruth

Guest bonscoby

Adrian, I am so very sorry...You were a very lucky man to have had Trish in your life...and she was very lucky to have had you...

Guest KyGrey

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful lady. She is something special and just because she had to leave us early doesn't mean she's gone from us. She will always be remembered. Trish never had a bad thing to say about anyone or anything.

Guest argolola

Adrian, my children are in Heaven. They will look after Trish. They are all probably playing with dogs right now.

God bless you. We all need to be together in this GreyTalk family right now. There has been a river of tears shed for your sweet Trish.

Dear Adrian,

I am so sorry that you have lost Trish. As so many people have detailed here, she was a really, really amazing person. I always admired how much energy she had for her interests, in spite of all her medical issues.

I feel bad that I didn't get to know her or support her as well as others, I hope she forgives me. We chatted on-line too--about human meds and about lymphoma dogs, and I'm sure other things too that I don't remember. She helped me too, sharing information with me about migraines so I could try to help my DH.

Thank you so very much for helping Trish with her most generous act of sharing herself, literally, with over 500 people who needed her gifts. It's so in keeping with the way she lived her life--Trish is reaching out and giving to people all over the South, or the whole country possibly, to help them when they needed help most.

As so many people have pointed out, Trish liked to talk to others, to communicate, and I believe that she is whispering into the ear of each person in each OR, telling them about the joys of greyhound adoption (and ferrets too, I suspect). Over the next year, I am fully expecting to meet new greyhound adopters who tell of 'just having to adopt' after they recovered from surgery.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

I am truly sorry for your loss,

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest greymomx2

I'm so sorry, and still in total disbelief. Please take care of all our angel babies, Trish. I know Peatie was ecstatic to see you, and you him. :grouphug

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

I was just re-reading the most recent emails I got from Trish.

This was the last picture she sent of Flippy. She loved her so much, and I know that Flippy was her constant companion and nursemaid/bed buddy.

Flippy.jpg

I know Flippy will miss Trish very much, but thanks to many caring friends, she has a handful of families who have requested to foster and/or adopt her. I like to think that somehow Trish will help me from above with the perfect new family.

Wouldn't Adrian be keeping Flippy?

To Adrian, please accept my deepest condolences. This is a tragedy of unreal proportions. I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around it, and I'm sure you must be in shock.

After talking to Patti yesterday, after she spoke with you, I reflected again on the enormous ripples that each member here has. We really ARE a family. In the truest sense of the word. We don't all know each other well, and some of us are closer than others...but Trish's death is like someone has torn a member of our family away.

And though I only met Trish twice in person, it feels the same way...how can I feel this close to someone that I only met twice? It's funny to think about how much I know about her life...from what she's told me and what I read on here. She became part of my life, part of my world, part of my family.

I hope that you will continue to come to Greytalk and be part of our family. We are here for you. We support you and want you to know that we are always here for you...just like Trish was always here for us.

Tami

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest belloricky

My condolences to Adrian and all who love Trish. I still have the first email I ever got from Trish as she reached out to me when I first joined GreyTalk when Ricky was diagnosed with osteo. Though we never met in person, she offered me friendship and support through GreyTalk. What an amazing person.

I know she will be missed by so many of us.

Guest vahoundlover

Adrian, my deepest sympathies to you and all that love Trish. :grouphug She gave 110% to everything she did and to all of her friends. I have never known anyone who was so giving. I wish I had known her better, her zest for life and following her dreams is an inspirtation to me. My thoughts and prayers are with you, may the memories you created together give you some comfort in the days to come.

:f_pink

Guest PhillyPups

Adrian

:bighug to you. I met you only through Trish, and you amaze me. What a tragic loss you have sustained. As with family, we are here for you, please know that in your heart, your grief is very personal, but you do not grieve alone.

When I go to Florida next, I will plant an orchid by St. Francis in the Memorial Garden at Grey Haven in honor of Trish and her beloved Orchidman.