Could You Spare A Few Good Wishes?

Max is having his dental tomorrow, and I'm a bit of a nervous momma tonight :blush He doesn't have any health issues that may cause complications but he is almost 10, so I'm a little more worried about this one than the last one, which was almost a year and a half ago.

So if you could spare some good thoughts tomorrow morning for my almost dentally challenged boy, it would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Sending out lots of white light and well wishes.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Thanks for the good thoughts, everyone - Max and I are safely home from his dental! He lost two more teeth :( , so he is down to 15 now. And even though I brush every day, there is some deteroration in most of the rest of his teeth, so the surgeon feels it won't be long before we'll be taking all of them except the canines. He is always a bit slow to come out of anaesthetic, so I really don't want to be putting him under too many more times (he is 10 this month).

So next time, we may just take the rest of them next time but for now he is groggily enjoying his nice clean teefers...

Hope your feeling better soon Max. Maybe momma will sing some more and make you feel better!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so glad Max is home and doing well, poor baby. :kiss2 Abby has terrible teeth.

I just had them cleaned like 3 months ago and they're ready to be done again,

Her mouth gets sore on one side around the canine, the vet is gonna take that one out next

time. :( She'll be 10 in Sept.

Sending very gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Glad everything went well--Max tell your momma to baby you for a couple days :)

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest BlackandBrindle

Glad Max is home.

Have you tried Dentatreat? Many of us here on GT are using it with good results. Or even RMBs might help.

Soft kisses to Max. :kiss2

Glad Max is home.

Have you tried Dentatreat? Many of us here on GT are using it with good results. Or even RMBs might help.

Soft kisses to Max. :kiss2

I actually did ask the surgeon about that specific product today. His opinion is that, in humans and dogs, 98% of the effectiveness in brushing comes from the mechanical action of brushing. As far as he is concerned you could brush with peanut butter and it wouldn't greatly affect the outcome. :P (wouldn't our greys love that!) So, he said if I want to try brushing with dentatreat to go ahead, and if I want to add it to his food, it likely wouldn't hurt. But he had a good point in saying that as none of these types of dental supplements are considered pharmaceautical, so they are not subject to a very rigourous level of testing and that it isn't known if any of these products can be harmful or dangerous. So, I may give it a try but really, I think I'm just going work more aggressively on a couple of problem areas he identified and hope to keep his few remaining teefies good. I've also considered RMB's but with no chewing teeth left, I don't know how well he would fare out...

Max says thanks for the kisses, as he needs them greatly as he is feeling very put upon and is looking very woebegone as I type this, with many deep sighs being offered as evidence of how terrible his life is.... :rolleyes:

Edited by maximum

glad it went well!!! :) Nube needs to go in and I am just petrified (which is why I keep putting it off!) :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Max, glad to hear you're back home and I hope you're not too sore, buddy! Merlin needs a dental soon too, I've been putting it off...

Sending kisses. :kiss2 and tummy rubs. :)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Deer Max,

I'm njoyning my kleen toofers today. mommy give me cam of meta tooo help wif the payne of loosing som of my toofers. good to heer ur home.

hope u r feling bettr.

luv,

andy

Deer Andy,

Tanks, man. i'm feelin' pretty gud. Dat vet man gibs me a shot of sum gud stuff, dat made me not hurt where my toofers were, it is gud to be home, doe, isn't it...

hope you gots gud teefers today,

yur bud, Max

So happy all is well! :)

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.