New To Greytalk

Guest dolfan

Guest dolfan

We are going to try adopting a grey....My wife has wanted to adopt 1 since I have known her, but for some reason I have always talked her out of it for some reason or another, I have been with my wife like 8-9 years and I/we have decided it is time to adopt a Grey, she is SO EXCITED :rolleyes: ...like I said she has wanted 1 for along time...so...we are from Ny,But we are going thru the KeystoneGreys people to get one, have the app sent out, have talked to the President of the place abit on the phone, so I guess you could say the process is in the works...I just wanted to introduce myself and will update when we finally have a Grey Home/with pics of our new friend...... :colgate

Thanx,

Bob

Edited by dolfan

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

Welcome to the Wonderfull World of Greys! Do you have a pup in mind? Boy, girl, etc?

(I ask because there's a former Melbourne boy there who is just sooooo handsome ;) )

Whoever you choose, or rather, whoever chooses you, I'm sure you'll be in love.

Guest dolfan

Talking with the people from the KeystoneGrey place, they are thinking right now they have a Blue Brindle that sounds like he may fit into our family of 1 dog?lab?golden mix and we also have 2 cats(Tuxedo), so if the Blue is still there , he may be the one, his name is Gilbert/Battling Buster, so I take it the Battling Buster is his track name, here are acouple pics, BUT, he may not be the one we end up with, just wanted to show you him anyhow.. :)

battlingbuster2.jpg

battlingbuster3.jpg

Bob

Guest dolfan
Welcome to the Wonderfull World of Greys! Do you have a pup in mind? Boy, girl, etc?

(I ask because there's a former Melbourne boy there who is just sooooo handsome ;) )

Whoever you choose, or rather, whoever chooses you, I'm sure you'll be in love.

Whats the name of the Pup you referring to? They have some Pics of some of the Greys on their website...maybe he's on it..

Bob

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

His name is Wicked Date. He had 2 brothers that were adopted, but per the website, he's still there.

But Buster is handsome, too! :)

Greetings from Florida, and good luck with the whole adoption process! How exciting!!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest dolfan
His name is Wicked Date. He had 2 brothers that were adopted, but per the website, he's still there.

But Buster is handsome, too! :)

I see he is still there, I wonder why, he is a cutie also and it says he is cat friendly, maybe because we have another dog, maybe thats it, I don't know....

Bob

Greetings from Florida, and good luck with the whole adoption process! How exciting!!!

Thank you!!!! The lady said when talking to her that we won't be happy with just one...lol, this is gonna be interesting..

Bob

I

Thank you!!!! The lady said when talking to her that we won't be happy with just one...lol, this is gonna be interesting..

Bob

She's right, we started with one a year ago and now have three. Welcome.

Edited by Tiz3

Guest dolfan
:wave Welcome!

Gilbert is handsome. :wub: He looks like my boy Tucker!

He does look like Tucker...we don't know yet who we will end up with, I'm sure whom ever it is he'she will be a great new friend...

Thanks for the welcome..

Bob

Hi Bob!!! Welcome from Kansas...it GREYT to see other husbands here!!! :paw

Thanks for the welcome......I am betting my Wife will get a lot of useful info from this site.. :colgate

Bob

Tiz3

Our house is already full...lol 2 cats and a golden/lab mix, add 1 Grey to the mix....oh boy 2 or 3 would be fun finding room for me on the couch to enjoy alittle tv.. :rolleyes:

Edited by dolfan

Welcome to the wonderful world of Greyhounds it is a Great world to be in! The grey in the picture is very Beautiful. I wish you lots of luck picking out your new grey. You will see your wife was right and you will wonder why you did not agree years ago. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest dolfan
Welcome to the wonderful world of Greyhounds it is a Great world to be in! The grey in the picture is very Beautiful. I wish you lots of luck picking out your new grey. You will see your wife was right and you will wonder why you did not agree years ago. :colgate

I hope its a good experience... I know she is very excited about this whole thing, she has wanted to adopt one for along time, never really hounding me about it, but every now and then dropping a hint..then last sat, we were shopping and ran into a gent that had 2 of them, and it all started again(talk of adopting) so I said you know what...she has wanted to do this for so long, Hell lets let her do it.. :unsure now things can't happen fast enough..she even overnighted the app to the Grey group we are dealing with... so we are hoping all is good..

Bob

Guest LokisMom

We also started with one a year ago, have three now and are hopefully sort of in the works on number 4.

You'll love them, they're wonderful but they are a bit addictive.

Guest dolfan
We also started with one a year ago, have three now and are hopefully sort of in the works on number 4.

You'll love them, they're wonderful but they are a bit addictive.

I really have a lot of questions and concerns I guess you could say...I don't understand hwy the Greys are so app to RUN AWAY...have basically been told by a few peeps and I have seen I few nightmare stories of the Greys getting away from the owners...I guess I wonder why that is,,,, Lack of training at the tracks I'm thinking? Heck I have my golden/lab trained that when we first wake up I just open the back door he goes out and does his job, and comes back, I don't even go out with him, I'm grapping a cup of coffee....with the Greys that is not even a thought unless you have a fenced in yard, I guess I just find it hard to get that a dog who is supposed to love you and be happy to have a new home, can bolt and MAYBE never be seen again...worse case get hit by a car or wander the woods till something finds it for diner.....I'm guessing because of the lack of training and disapline they did not see or get at the track life they had...I agree they are a pretty dog, and I am excited about getting one...but am relizing the different ways we must start having to act when we have one, because I SURE do not want one running away... >>>>>>>>> LOTS of thoughts and questions<<<<<<<

Bob

Guest ChancesMom
:welcome from Kentucky. I swore that I only wanted one. I adopted my first at the end of January this year and if all goes well, next weekend I will be getting his littermate which I will be fostering with intent. And the questions still keep coming.

Welcome from Maine! :welcome2 How exciting! Please keep us posted :D

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest dolfan

Ok.....A Gent has called and will be calling tommorow to set up a time he can bring his Grey by to test how our lab/golden and cats are going to react...Oh boy...I think in time our golden/lab (Brooks) will be fine, but he has been really a house dog the whole time we have had him(5 years) and I have to say he has not been socialized or used to being around other dogs...speacially bringing one in on his turf...I hope he does well......its funny I did not really think he would be a problem...but..I am wondering now...LOL I hope he does good........

Bob