Emily

laurie

Today would have been Emily's 1st Gotcha Day. Not a day has gone by that we didn't think of her.

I still carry such guilt for her death--she was supposed to go to another family, but we fell in love with each other, so she came home with us. I can't help but think she'd still be alive had we let her go to them, instead.

Emily, Happy Gotcha Day. You were (and are, still) loved.

Em:

http://mysite.freeserve.com/Hound_Dogs/ima...577523587181968

Edited by laurie

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

Guest Lisa_n_Dusty

She loved you and she wanted you as much you wanted her! Just remember her last days were her best days cause she knew your love.

Guest KaseysMom

Laurie, she's at the bridge right now saying "way to go Mom, we've just saved more lives by your courage to post." Take good care. Hugs!

Guest Jed's Mom

I remember Emily and her story and I want to assure you that she did not die in vain. Because of Emily many many people warn even more people about the dangers of sliding glass doors and greyhounds. Emily's loss has hopefully saved many greyhounds from her same horrible fate. I know that doesn't make it easier, or make her loss any less, but know that her spirit lives on to help greyhounds forever.

Please, everyone, be sure to warn any and everyone you know that sliding glass doors and large windows etc are very dangerous and that we should all place stickies or decals or something on them to help our dogs recognize that there is a barrier there. Do it for your hounds... Do it for Emily.

Don't Let Emily be forgotten!

Laurie, please don't blame yourself any longer. Emily had a good life with you, she was loved deeply, and none of us can see the future. I'm so sorry that you lost her, but I'm sure she's happy now.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Laurie - it is natural to feel guilty, even when there is no way we can be held to blame for a death. It's part of grieving. I can see why you hold yourself responsible, but there is no point in holding on to the guilt - it is so destructive. You have learned, so move on.

You did your best, you tried to show her the glass. How many people would have guessed that a grey could do that, if they didn't have experience of the breed or someone to tell them? How many adoption groups think to tell people? (Mine didn't). Emily loved you, and you loved Emily - she would rather have had a short life with her loved person (you) than a long one with someone else.

I said it in the other post, but maybe I need to say it again. There is not one human being on this planet who has never made a mistake. Sometimes we're lucky and no-one gets hurt. Sometimes it happens as it did for you and Emily - but you have saved other lives by reminding people and sending out the message: decorate your glass.

I can't imagine the agonies you've felt or the torture you've put yourself through since that terrible day, but it's time to be kind to yourself and forgive yourself. I'm absolutely certain if you were able to ask Emily, she would say she's forgiven you a long time ago.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

I am so sorry. :(:(:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Hattiemae

Emily's death was a terrible accident. You did everything you could to prevent it. I'm so sorry for her passing and for your pain.