Loca Misdiagnosed?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG...I hope you hear something soon. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Me toooooooo.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

as of yesterday morning dr. couto still hadn't received the x-rays. i left a message at my vet's office and will follow up today. we were wondering...the digital x-ray files must be enormous; does anybody know if they are generally difficult to send via email?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

as of yesterday morning dr. couto still hadn't received the x-rays. i left a message at my vet's office and will follow up today. we were wondering...the digital x-ray files must be enormous; does anybody know if they are generally difficult to send via email?

I had digital x-rays of Snickers and they weren't difficult to e-mail. They might have been compressed, but it included software to open them right on the disk.

Sending many positive thoughts for your Loca.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Sent Batman's by email, too. IIRC our files were @ 4MB apiece. If your vet works for a large practice and is using her business email, they could be getting trapped by an outbound size limit. I don't recall that Dr. C. had any trouble receiving the big files.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Batmom could be right. When I did the Newsletter for our OS, picture file size was an issue. It was one reason I switched to Comcast (and sending big files via modem, well.. it sucks...). Even so, because of file size restrictions on the receiving end, it could still be an issue. Can you try sending each picture individually, since they are such large file sizes?

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

Sent Batman's by email, too. IIRC our files were @ 4MB apiece. If your vet works for a large practice and is using her business email, they could be getting trapped by an outbound size limit. I don't recall that Dr. C. had any trouble receiving the big files.

that's exactly what happened. she gave me a disk with all of the results but i can't load it to my omputer to email it because apparantly the enclosed software isn't mac compatible :(. i'll either try to do it from work or just mail the disk.

the good news is that she just tried to snack on a little black fuzzy doggie, which i guess means that she's feeling better. i KNEW something was wrong when she was ignoring canine fuzzballs :lol

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

There, see? She's fine, now! :lol

you're not kidding!! i just discovered that she carried a six pack of beer from the kitchen to the tv room. she's baaacccckkkkkk :eek

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

you're not kidding!! i just discovered that she carried a six pack of beer from the kitchen to the tv room. she's baaacccckkkkkk :eek

Did you let her have one?

:lol :lol

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Robin, do you want to try loading them onto my PC? Let me know. I have a 5MB limit for receiving e-mails but I'm not sure about sending.

We're really glad to hear Loca is feeling better and hoping for continued good news about her diagnosis.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Robin, do you want to try loading them onto my PC? Let me know. I have a 5MB limit for receiving e-mails but I'm not sure about sending.

We're really glad to hear Loca is feeling better and hoping for continued good news about her diagnosis.

thanks, Jan. turns out Dr. Couto got a Mac and can't read them either! I'e asked my vet's office to change them to jpgs :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

Guest vahoundlover

A girl after my own heart!! :lol:lol I wish my kids would do stuff like that :P

Guest Sassy
i just discovered that she carried a six pack of beer from the kitchen to the tv room. she's baaacccckkkkkk :eek

:spoot:rotfl Sounds like Loca feels better... So very happy to hear it!! :cheers

Edited by Sassy

do you want her? :evil

it finally occured to me to take screen caps of the x-rays and save them as jpgs; i yse a PC at work so I could actually see them there :yay. the first email contraining the x-ray attachments was just returned due to the file size, so i just sent three emails containing three x-rays each. loca is acting so normal now and she looks fantastic, espcially compared to the way she looked a month ago; it will be even more devastating (if that's possible) if bone cancer is confirmed :(.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

Know that we are still chanting here. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest vahoundlover

do you want her? :evil

it finally occured to me to take screen caps of the x-rays and save them as jpgs; i yse a PC at work so I could actually see them there :yay . the first email contraining the x-ray attachments was just returned due to the file size, so i just sent three emails containing three x-rays each. loca is acting so normal now and she looks fantastic, espcially compared to the way she looked a month ago; it will be even more devastating (if that's possible) if bone cancer is confirmed :( .

I'd LOVE to have her :wub: I suspect her momma would REALLY miss her tho! :lol Apparently I just missed meeting you and Loca at Dewey :( Alisha said you had just left as I was coming in.....

Glad you found a way to send the xrays....and I'm SURE there will be NO devastating news, but we are keeping up the chant to make sure the bad news gods stay far far away.