Heartbeat Rate

Guest ss556

Guest ss556

I was giving Alan some belly rubs last night and then noticed that his heart was RACING continuously for a few minutes. Now, having had him for over 7 years, I have never noticed this before as we all know their hearts beat somewhat "irregular" and kick in when needed. Has this happened to anyone's grey? Should I be concerned?? He was just lying on the bed asking for more rubs.

Normal heart beat rate is 70-120 beats per minute in a large dog. Since Carrier is having heart issues and his heart is arrhythmic, we actually felt to see how the other dogs hearts were beating and it seemed that Andy's heart isn't completely as smooth as Ella and Bailey's. But Andy also seems completely normal, so we are not going to persue anything with the vet for him.

How is the colour of Alan's gums while his heart is beating like this?

Guest ss556

his gums were very pink, no doubt. this happened about 30 mins. after giving him his blood pressure meds. I checked him this morning, about 20 mins. later and he was fine. just a freak thing? I don't know since I don't usually check his heartbeat.

I am not familiar with them, so I did a quick search on the side effects of these two drugs and they don't mention anything like that. Might be worth a mention to your vet. Could also be excitement for you ;)

Edited by LadyBailey