Greytalk Auctions, Open For Testing

Jeff

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just registered as a business but can't find the 'Sell' button on the header. Am I blind or just dumb!? :blink: LOL

Liz

You need to send Jeff or I a PM in order to set up the seller aspect of your act.

Fees still disabled :)

I am thinking of implementing end of auction (sale only) fees on Sunday.

This is what I am thinking, take a look and let me know your opinions.

No listing fees (no sale, no fee)

No fees for options (bold, buy it now, more than 1 image, main page, etc)

If you sell on ebay with NO options, than ebay might be a bit cheaper. If you use any options, then our system will be cheaper, though the trade off is buyer volume.

Some of our trial sellers have already made sales using our system that were unsuccessful on ebay, and they had to pay a non-refundable listing fee.

Greytalk Auctions might help you cater your specialized product to the correct buyers :)

Greytalk Supporters receive a 25% discount on fees.

I have upgraded all supporter accounts. Please check yours, and let me know if I missed you..

On the Auction Site, click MEMBERS AREA, you should see your discount appear like this:

Supporter_Discount.gif

This is what I am thinking, take a look and let me know your opinions.

http://auctions.greytalk.com/site_fees.php

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest greybookends

Jeff thanks for the tutorial. Even I can follow those instructions. :lol

I think the fees are fair. I have never gotten anything for my money by listing on EBay since my product is for a select group of buyers. I like the set up. Thanks for all your work. :thumbs-up

Guest WarmheartedPups

Is this auction open to the general public or just greytalk folks...

I am new to auctions.. how do we know if buyers or sellers are legit?

as above, buyers must register, and can be public.

Sellers are Greytalk Members.

The trade off to volume is opening up buying to the public. Do you know if your ebay buyers are legit, or any online person for that matter?

Ideally, all members would be GT core members, but that is too limiting a userbase to be really useful.

At the moment, I plan public buying with GT member selling.

Can we give feedback ? Trudy we received the treats today and the babies loved them and you were super fast to ship!!! A+++++ Now I just need to find out if I can post this on the auction.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

• 4 weeks later...
Guest greybookends
Are you still testing the auction site? I'd like to test an auction but I hadn't heard back if you were keeping this part of GT up and if I could be a seller.

It's still up. I have some stuff up for auction still. I would love to see more people on it.

Are you still testing the auction site? I'd like to test an auction but I hadn't heard back if you were keeping this part of GT up and if I could be a seller.

Oh yeah, you sent me a PM a few days ago. I get a lot of PMs and emails as well, that is why I put up the support ticket site, that way things don't get lost. I'm bad about replying to PMs and emails. Once I open them and they are marked read, consider them gone lol

Best to open a ticket, that way I have to actively close the ticket ;)

I'll try to get to your account later, if I don't reply back to you tonight, then open a ticket ;)

Have more on my plate at the moment before I get to updating accounts...

Oh yeah, you sent me a PM a few days ago. I get a lot of PMs and emails as well, that is why I put up the support ticket site, that way things don't get lost. I'm bad about replying to PMs and emails. Once I open them and they are marked read, consider them gone lol

Best to open a ticket, that way I have to actively close the ticket ;)

I'll try to get to your account later, if I don't reply back to you tonight, then open a ticket ;)

Have more on my plate at the moment before I get to updating accounts...

Sorry Jeff, I know you are busy. (Not like you are getting ready to move or anything...) :blush I figured you get a few PMs, but was trying to follow directions in the other thread. I'll do the ticket route. Thanks!

...but was trying to follow directions in the other thread. I'll do the ticket route. Thanks!

I just changed my directions to send a support ticket from a special page ;)

Been getting backed up the last few days, lots of stuff going on.

Just got all the tickets caught up including yours :)

...but was trying to follow directions in the other thread. I'll do the ticket route. Thanks!

I just changed my directions to send a support ticket from a special page ;)

Been getting backed up the last few days, lots of stuff going on.

Just got all the tickets caught up including yours :)

Thanks! You rock! :colgate

• 1 year later...