Greytalk Auctions, Open For Testing

Jeff

Our Auction Site is open for testing and use :)

There are a couple of test auctions (clearly marked as TEST) the others are live, and for real merchandise from real Greytalk members.

This is a working test. Please take a look, register, and bid on the items you like :)

a few comments:

1. The registration page is rather lengthy, and it is separate from your forum registration. The birth year (reduced from the full birth date) is to ensure registrants are 18+ so they can enter into a legally binding contract (between seller/buyer). The address info is used for shipping.

2. There is a bug in some of the notification emails, the bug does not address all links correctly, so rather than taking you to the exact page, it takes you to the main page. The developer is looking into that bug, but it is something you can work around for now, by just clicking to get where you need to go.

3. Registering will allow you to bid/buy items, if you would like to test as a seller, you will need to submit a support ticket from THIS LINK so we can set your account as a seller, include your auction username as well as your forum username.

If you find bugs, or find any tips & tricks, please post them. I am new to this auction stuff.

Here is a link to the auctions

http://auctions.greytalk.com

You can view a user guide here

http://auctions.greytalk.com/GT_Auctions_User_Guide.pdf

large.greyhound_signature.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems to be working well so far.

New section added..... BOOKS

Recycle those old books :)

Wow, Jeff that is a great ideal. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

None, are listed yet? That I saw! I have to start getting my books out of a box, I brought them from the old house, and I was going to sale them in a yard sale, I will sell here once the site is up and running for listings. I was tired of ebay, I am so Happy you are starting this! :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

They are coming... was not an idea that just spring up. We are getting ready to move, and Trudy was going through the closet. Lots of book she has read and no need to keep them. I figured we could create a section for them :lol

This is a great little system, things you can set up a little auction for that you otherwise might just get rid of because other auction sites are too complicated or time consuming :)

I'm listing a bunch of stuff people, so get those bidding fingers ready!

Books are coming in the next hour or so - they are next to go up on the auction page.

Since we are getting ready to move, I'll list a bunch of things that are easy to ship. It will allow people to play and give people that want to help us test this system to look at a bunch of different things and give suggestions, even if you have no intentions of bidding on anything :)

This is great!! Thanks Jeff! I notice there is a section for wanted ads, like you could ask for something, and someone could offer it! I love it! And, that you can make it for swap instead of cash. Fabulous!

Whoo hoo! :bounce:

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Reading through the terms, and this is the last line:

Laws.

These Terms of Service shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the Courts of England and Wales.

:blink:

Okay. Thought you guys were in the states! ;)

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

we are, the software company is not lol

I changed over all the stuff I saw. If you find more, let me know, and where you found it.

The forum software is also out of the UK

Trudy came downstairs with another big stack of books. Lots of specific style text books. I figured those would have a larger target audience on Ebay, so I mentioned to list them there. She reminded me about the ebay listing fee, which was paid even if the item did not sell. I said, OH YEAH, I forgot about that, and that is somewhat the reason for our system.

So when we put fees into place (maybe in about a week) I do NOT intend on using a listing fee, as I had originally planned. No sense in paying 25 cents to list a $1 item that does not sell.

So for the moment, no plans on listing fees, just small selling fees most likely a percent of the sale. Higher % for smaller prices, so you may see a fee of 10 cents for a dollar item, but a smaller % for larger items, so you are not paying $10 for a $100 time.

This is what the defaults were set to when I installed the auction

fees.gif

There were also a bunch of other fees, here and there which I removed.

I'll most likely also wind up reducing fees for supporters posting personal items.

Organized larger scale fund raisers should expect fees for the service.

That is still all to be worked out, for now, no fees :)

Guest Sportingfields

Okay, I give up. Since I'm so totally not computer literate... I shouldn't have volunteered to help test the system. Started by slowing reading the tutorial. Right away I need help registering, cause I used the mmddyy for birthday, instead of the over ride year only. So, next I'm ready to try & put auction together and can't find any link that will take me to that page. My tool bar doesn't look a thing like in the tutorial, whole bunch of missing buttons and whatever I've clicked isn't for what I need. Oh well.

Sorry Jeff for being a pain. I think I'd better pass on this and retire to my sewing room. Thank God I've no problems running my machines, including the computerized one.

Tail tucked

Guest greyhoundis

COOL ................................................ I LOVE TO READ ... BOOKS!!!!

My passion next to greyhounds!

Edited by greyhoundis

Guest greybookends
found a significant bug. It seems that bidding on an item, moves the end date/time forward.

That explains why my end dates have moved on 2 of my items. I thought I had messed up!!

Guest VirginiaGreys

If you want to register as a business eventually....do you need to do that in the beginning? Instead of having two accounts? One as an individual and another as a business?

found a significant bug. It seems that bidding on an item, moves the end date/time forward.

That 'bug' is actually a feature that I have now disabled. The reason for the 'option' to shorten auctions after a bid was explained as:

It's purpose is to allow long duration auctions to close sooner when a bid is placed.

I have disabled that feature, so auctions will now end when the seller chooses.

Guest Gideon

This is so cool!

Can I post my toys on this?

I also have a relationship with two artists and I now represent their silkscreen prints. Each print is hand pulled, signed and numbered by the artist.

Edited by Gideon