Otis

Guest WarmheartedPups

Guest WarmheartedPups

I am sitting here in shock. Otis is gone. I cant believe I am typing those words.

We went to the Vet this a.m as he had pain...the Vet thought it was his back.

He deteriorated later today. He had two episodes like seizures and couldnt move.

Three wonderful friends helped him to my truck and went with me to the E.R. Vet.

It was finally determined that he was bleeding into his abdomen, probably from hemangiosarcoma.

He was in shock.

They brought him in, his eyes were glazed, my friends and I held him and told him what a wonderful

boy he was and I told the Vet it was time. He knew we were there, his tail wagged just a little and I really believe he smiled.

I am devastated. The tears wont stop. If I stop writing I will feel all the pain. This happened so quickly...I dont feel prepared. I hope I did not drag out his suffering today. Looking back, over the course of today,

I can see now that he was getting worse....I couldn't see it before.

I want to do a remembrance for Otis....but I cant right now.

He was my best boy

He was my friend

He was a perfect soul.

I miss him so terribly.

Oh Otis, I hope you are with Dewey at the Bridge......

Edited by WarmheartedPups

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lotsahounds

I'm so very sorry! I know the terrible loss you are feeling and there are just no words that will help at this very sad time. Otis knew how much you loved him and he wouldn't want you to be sad. Godspeed Otis, send your Mom a sign that you made it to the bridge. :f_red

I am so very sorry.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

:f_red:( I'm so sorry :grouphug:f_red

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

What a terrible shock for you :( I'm so sorry :grouphug

Sleep tight Otis :beatheart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Of all the dogs on GT that are George's "friends," the one I really wanted to reach out and squeeze was Otis with his ginormous paws. How heartbreaking. I know how you must feel..

I wish I could help.

Susan

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest GiJenn51

Linda I'm so very sorry. :cry1 I know he was taken so fast from you. I hope Roo is able to help you, and you for her. God speed little one. :f_white:gh_run

Guest guinness_the_greyt

OMG! Sounds like what happened with my Harley boy!

I'm so so sorry that you lost your Otis boy so quickly! :grouphug

Godspeed handsome boy!! :wub:

Oh no. I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you and momma Roo.

Rest well, Otis.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest argolola

My heart sank when I saw Otis' name under remembrance. I am so sorry.

Please take comfort in knowing that Otis had a wonderful life, a loving family and a forever home. You made him very happy.

May God bless you and keep you, until you are reunited with your precious boy again.