Cet Chews

I have just started giving my guys the CET dental chews. I could only find the medium size for 11-25 lb dogs, so I give them one in the morning and one at nite. they have had them for just under a week. This morning, Missy pooped on our walk: everything was normal. her second poop was liquid. she usually goes 2-3 times on a walk. since the chews are the only change in her diet, i am wondering if they can bother stomachs. No problem with Garry or the Ig.

Guest ProudGreyMom

Different types of chews can definately cause loose poo or diarrhea. My guys did okay with the CET dental chews but they can't have Greenies or any of the "flavored" chews.

Can't remember brand or anything about the dental chews my vet suggested for my hounds but we opted not to use them because they contain some pork product and one of ours has a VERY sensitive digestive system and did not want to take a chance. The only meat or meat product he ever gets is boiled chicken and I would be afaid to even walk past him with pork! haha! i know who would pay for that. sigh.

In my own experience, rawhides of any kind will soften or liquify my hound's poo (not to mention the horrific gas :sick ), especially if they have them that often. I'll give CET chews, but only a once or twice a week. Other times they get bully stix or compressed rawhides for chewies. Bully stix and compressed rawhides will last my guys days and I don't have to worry about them swallowing a big chunk unchewed (I take them away when they hit the three inch mark), and I don't get the added fragrance bonus ;) .