John E's Diagnosis

Houndtime

I can't believe I am writing this. Three months ago I had three dogs, yesterday two, today one.

Without previously showing any symptoms,this morning he was in a lot of pain and moaning very loudly and panting. He threw up twice very large amounts. The good boy that he was, he tried to clean it up and rubbed his nose into the carpet so hard that he rubbed the skin off of his nose and bled. He even stood at the back door to go potty.

He had large amounts of blood in his chest, fluid in his abdomen and very dark blood in the tumor on his leg. When we took him out of the truck, he collapsed, but did hold his dignity and walked into the clinic. His body was very bruised and he was having trouble breathing.

The blood work showed no infection, just a bleed. Dr. Newman said he had so much fluid around his heart, she couldn't hear a beat. She suspects a tumor around his heart.

His passing was very peaceful and quick. I am so heartbroken, but, at least Brandy and John E are back together again.

I took this photo yesterday. I didn't know it would be the last one.

JohnEIlovemyDog.jpg

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Irene, I am so sorry. What a shock this has been. :grouphug

Godspeed John E :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

:cry1 :cry1 :f_white :f_white :f_white

I'm so, so sorry. This must be so unbelievably hard for you. Sending many heartfelt hugs. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Run free, beautiful boy. :gh_run

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I am so sorry to read this. He is at peace now and is with Brandy. Godspeed, beautiful boy.

:f_red:f_red:f_white:f_red:f_red

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Oh, I am so very sorry to hear this. My heart is breaking with you tonight.

Carol Ann

:f_red:f_red:f_red

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Oh, Irene, I'm so sorry you lost your big, sweet guy. I can only imagine the pain you're feeling now, with 2 losses so fresh and huge. He sounds like he was a wonderful dog.

Sharing your sadness.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

This is so heartbreaking. I know that words must mean very little to the pain you must be feeling over such a loss. Just know that you are in our hearts and prayers. God speed, John E; look for your companions at the bridge. They will be waiting for you.

I am so sorry. So very sorry. Godspeed precious John E. My sympathy and prayers are with you. Run to Angel Brandy sweetheart. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Im so sorry :grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle