Good Thoughts For Rizzo

Guest RooRoo

Our vet detected a heart murmur on Troy when he was 7. An ultrasound didn't show any structural issue and the murmur did not give him any problem for the rest of his life - didn't get worse either. Hoping his lump turns out to be a non-issue.

Edited by Naty

Guest KelseysLackey

Maria, we'll be thinking of you, Michael and Rizzo. :bighug

I know cats and dogs are different, but it may help you to know that our cat Chloe has had an easily detectable murmur all her life without problem (she will be 14 on March 30).

As for the lump, Kelsey had a benign mass removed from her shoulder back in October, about the size of flattened ping pong ball. It turned out to be a mass of inflamatory cells - the vet described it as some form of immune response to a foreign body. I would have described Kelsey's lump pretty much the same way you described Rizzo's.

Hoping his is just as "minor".

I'm so sorry that your silly, handsome boy is worrying you, Maria. And those choppers look so white! What's he using? Crest whitening strips? :D

As you know, we've been through everything with Kelsey from a mast cell tumor to what George described above and a few scary lumps and bumps in between. This last one was scary because it was like the size of a pea on the surface and they had to switch from local to general anesthesia at the last minute because it was much bigger. But in spite of a 4 inch incision and a wobbly first 24 hours, she rebounded so quickly for a 13 y.o. and it turned out to be benign. Hopefully, Rizzo is just putting you through your paces. Please keep us posted. :bighug

Edited by kelseysmom

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.

Guest wmlcml6

He seriously doesn't look his age! Rizzo is adorable, especially with his hat on! Fingers crossed that the lump and heart beat thing are nothing to worry about.

Guest pmutalik2000

Sending good thoughts for Rizzo and both of you as well. My Rufus had a heart murmur and it did not slow him down any. He went through two surgeries (tooth removal, neuter) without any problems.

Good luck

Praveen.

PS: I love that photo of Rizzo.

Sending more prayers. He is SO adorable! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Awww Maria, We'll definitely be keeping thoughts for Rizzo. His half-bro, Doug, has a murmur too, an echo before going under is a safe way to be.

As for the bump - well, I hope that's nothing. Nothing at all.

:unsure We'll keep him in our thoughts.