Good Thoughts For Rizzo

Guest RooRoo

I took Rizzo in for pre-op blood work before his dental that is scheduled in a few weeks. While listening to his heart the Doctor detected a murmur.... I know it's probably not a big deal but then as she is doing her physical exam of his body, head to toe, she felt a lump in his rear left leg. :unsure

Ok, again I am not panicking but she did say it feels deep, is not moving and is not on the skin levels. So I'm just coming here for some great GT support that everything will be ok with my Rizzo. It was just that I wasn't expecting any "issues". So now echo and surgery :dunno

So game plan is.... echocardiogram in 2 weeks, if his heart is ok (and blood work too), he will go under to get the lump removed and clean his choppers too. :D

Thanks in advance guys for the support this month as we get to the bottom of it. We love him to pieces! :(

Here he is, all 57 lbs. of him (photo courtesy of Praveen Mutalik)

Rizzoincamojune2007.jpg

Rizzothinking.jpg

What a sweet faced baby boy! How old is Rizzo?

He could have one of those murmurs that are here today, gone tomorrow, here today.....

I assume this vet is used to listening to greyhound hearts?

Sending prayers!

Rizzo is 8 1/2 years old. He looks and acts much younger :)

The first Doctor listened and listened and thought she heard something. She explained to me about the heart in general, greyhound hearts being larger and that sometimes they just get a little floppy (my words not hers!), blah blah... I was starting to get woozy. :blink:

She said if it's anything it is probably minor and/or could go away. To be sure she heard correctly, she called in the greyhound guru Doctor and he agreed. And Dr. W would be the one doing the procedures. He sees many greys in the practice and is well respected. That's something I can feel confident about thank goodness.

Thanks everyone for your messages

Awwww....what a precious little man. Sending my many prayers and gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh no! Sending good thoughts from Tarmac, Will and I that there is nothing serious going on. We want you happy and healthy so we can see you on TBH hikes Rizzo!

Maria,

Klem and Cavalier (Mom's first GH) had/have murmers. In these two cases and likely Rizzos' if it's so faint it's not going to be a big deal. Keep us posted on both issues.

Barbara
Majestic and Ranger

"If you want to hear the patter of little feet I'll put shoes on my dogs."

Rizzo is a cutie!! He doesn't look anywhere NEAR 8 and 1/2 years old! :omg Sending good thoughts, keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well with your handsome boy. He has the most amazing smile :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Rizzo is 8 1/2 years old. He looks and acts much younger :)

The first Doctor listened and listened and thought she heard something. She explained to me about the heart in general, greyhound hearts being larger and that sometimes they just get a little floppy (my words not hers!), blah blah... I was starting to get woozy. :blink:

She said if it's anything it is probably minor and/or could go away. To be sure she heard correctly, she called in the greyhound guru Doctor and he agreed. And Dr. W would be the one doing the procedures. He sees many greys in the practice and is well respected. That's something I can feel confident about thank goodness.

Thanks everyone for your messages

acts like such a brat :wub: at times, ey Maria.

Was the guru dr. A.? As he is called in for that some times, especailly if he is hanging around.

But Dr. W is good, too.

How was the original vet? Lord knows I think I have met them all over the curse/course of six months and $7000.

Oh :bighug to you, Rizzo, Kiwi and Mike.

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry