Need Urine Sample

Mabel does NOT pee on the leash, and she prefers privacy in the yard. Any suggestions for successfully getting a urine sample?

I suppose waiting until she pees inside and bring the sopping paper towels to the vet won't cut it?

Karen with Tessye (galgo b 2017), Fidel (galgo b c2012), and bridge kids Dublin (J's Texmex 1996-12/31/01), Daisy (Assurance 8/8/95-9/26/07),  Bubba (Kelsos Irony b 5/99-8/19/10), and Mabel (Googly Spin  1/06-11/19)

greytalk-siggie-feb-2023.jpg

Guest nerak254

I was told to follow along with a pie pan behind my back. Then, I was told to slip it under her when she'd squatted and things were underway and couldn't stop. Always worked!

I am quuen of collecting pee. I had to do it with my 8 pound dacshund in the middle of 8 inches of snow...lol anyway use the top of a tupperware lid or those tops ya get from soup from chinese places. use the underside. wait till she starts going then place under. just hang out near her. gl...lol

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Guest fruitypebbles
I would let her out in the yard and take a large ladle and put under her when she squats. I have always had good luck with this.

Thanks for the invite, but I don't wanna go to your house for soup :lol:

Seriously, I heard the ladle method works too.

Along the same idea, I have a long broom handle, minus the broom, duct taped to the end is a circle made of a wire hanger in which a plastic tub can rest. It requires a lot of nonchalant wandering about and quick action at the precice second! I also find that the reluctant pee-er will pee at the vet's for the techs!

We've just taken a wire coat hanger and uncoiled it leaving the hanger intact. A paper cup fits nicely in the hanger part so we just walk around until the "squat" and then slip it under.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

I just did the aluminium tray under our girl not more than 5 mins ago and that worked a treat. I had her on a leash and when she started i quickly slipped it under her and she certaintly didn't seem bothered by it.

I use my Swiffer Duster with the extendable handle. I take the dusting part off and tape a new plastic container (like Ziploc or Glad) to it. I've needed to get several samples from my girls and this works well. I just follow them around the yard and when they squat I slide it right under.

Nancy with Rocket, Umeko and Sasha

gallery_151_3099_2018.jpg

Missing Albi, Kassie, Ramm, Ruby, my good boy Marvin and Mickey (BT)

NANCY B'S COLLARS

Well, it worked - sort of.

I clenched a styrofoam bowl in my mop and followed her out this morning. She was not happy about being followed, but it had been 9 hours since her last potty trip, so she HAD to go. Of course, as soon as she realized I had slipped the bowl under her she stopped, but I got enough for a sample, so all is well!

Thanks for the advice!

Karen with Tessye (galgo b 2017), Fidel (galgo b c2012), and bridge kids Dublin (J's Texmex 1996-12/31/01), Daisy (Assurance 8/8/95-9/26/07),  Bubba (Kelsos Irony b 5/99-8/19/10), and Mabel (Googly Spin  1/06-11/19)

greytalk-siggie-feb-2023.jpg

I feel for you. Our Rita is terrified of anyone near her private parts when she does her business. The only time I can get a pee sample from her is the first pee of the day, which is what most vets want most of the time anyway. BUT -- it may take 20 minutes of following her around the yard, with one hand holding a leash and the other holding the catch dish. Boy, I hate doing that in cold weather. :lol:

Rita is quite spooky and will always be that way, no doubt, but we love her anyway. :wub:

Marcia in SC