Dempsey's Home!

Guest HeatherDemps

Guest HeatherDemps

We picked Dempsey up this morning. He finally ate before we got there. He already looks even better than he did last night. I got him out of the car without too much trouble but I was scared. He peed on his own and got in the house just fine. Figured out before we left the hospital that he's still trying to lift a leg so we need to keep him away from trees, etc.

He ate some food and drank some water and is sleeping now. We're icing the bruised areas a few times a day per instructions. He keeps the pain patch on until Monday morning. He seems tired but is his usual self- walked into the living room and went straight to the couch. Had to redirect him to his bed and he wasn't happy about that but cooperated. Hopefully, he'll continue to heal and improve well each day.

Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers- couldn't have coped as well without the support.

Welcome home Dempsey!

(I bet he'll be on that couch in less than 24 hours) :lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Welcome home Dempsey. Get well soon sweetie. :wub:

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

That's wonderful - he must be so happy to be home.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Welcome home Dempsey! :yay So glad you're home! Hope you feel better soon honey... :kiss2:grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Wonderful that he's home! :yay Give that sweet boy some :kiss2 's from us. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Welcome home Dempsey!

Our greyhound Rocky had his back right leg amputated due to Osteo. He stands on his front legs, leans again something and lifts his leg to potty. He looks like he is doing a handstand. Where there is a will there is a way.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

We are so happy that you are home dempsey. We will continue to pray that you improve quickly.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Been thinking of you folks today! Glad to hear that Dempsey is home and hope he has a smooth recovery.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest HeatherDemps

So.... last night was pretty rough.

Demps was doing great during the day but then whined almost all night. I think I may have gotten almost 2 hours of sleep total, usually in 20 minute increments... Throughout the night, he was going out to pee every hour, almost on the hour. Hopefully it's a sign tha this body is reabsorbing some of those fluids.

Sometimes, it's really hard to figure out what the whining is about. I take him out, feed him, cover him, uncover him, give him water, etc. I gave him an extra tramadol in the middle of the night, just to be safe. Nope, no difference! I finally figured out that the whining is probably about not being able to get up on the couch. I know I could pick him up to get him up there but I don't think he can balance yet on the cushions... DH had wanted to throw the couch away before he got home because he expected this. I think Dempsey will be back up there eventually, just not til after the staples come out...

Hopefully tonight will be better!!!!! Wish me luck on getting his bandage off today with no screaming (him or me!). :)

Edited by HeatherDemps

Welcome home sweetheart. Sending prayers for a swift recovery. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm glad he is home. Sorry that he (and you) had such a rough night. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg