Getting Closer To My First Grey!

Guest Exena

Hello, there! I've been lurking here since October, and finally started to post a tiny bit here and there just recently. After reading "Adopting The Racing Greyhound" and "Greyhounds For Dummies", I stumbled onto this site while looking online for more information. I've really loved reading what you all have to say about your dogs, but I especially love all the photos are posted of your beautiful Greys!

My boyfriend and I have been actively looking for a cat-friendly gal since October, and we're finally getting a home visit with a lovely fawn girl on Monday! We're so excited, and hoping that all works out with our male mutt Cosmo :) He's needed a buddy for a long time, and I've been interested in rescue Greys since I was young.

Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Good for you for doing your "homework". Just keep in mind that even a designated "cat safe" greyhound needs training and you need to stay vigilant esp. in the first few months as the species learn to live together.

Welcome and good luck and don't forget :digicam!!

Guest LindsaySF
Good for you for doing your "homework". Just keep in mind that even a designated "cat safe" greyhound needs training and you need to stay vigilant esp. in the first few months as the species learn to live together.

Welcome and good luck and don't forget :digicam!!

What they said! :D

Guest GreytMuse

Good luck! There is a perfect pup waiting for you somewhere -- hope this little girl is it for you! If not, then it'll happen when the time is right!

Welcome to GreyTalk and I hope you'll let us know how the home visit goes!