My Halle Is In Surgery

Guest greyhound_mommy

Guest greyhound_mommy

Well this morning Halle still is not wanting to walk. Last night I tried to get her off the couch to go potty and she wouldn't go.

I lifted up on her collar and she screamed. I wonder if she injured her back climbing over the wall. Severely I mean. When she does stand it takes her a long time to stand and she shakes and walks like she drunk. She hardly even lifts her head drink water or eat. I was told to keep my eye on her and see if she starts to get better. She can walk she just chooses not to. Poor baby.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some dogs can take 3 or 4 days to get all the anesthesia out of their system, and if she is not taking in fluids, that is compounding the problem. She is on pain meds, correct? If she were my dog I would get her into the vet for fluids.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest greyhound_mommy

Well this morning Halle is moving more. To her dismay I got gatorade in her last night and I poured some over her food this morning. Boy did she seem mad lol. She still seems to have trouble with her side to side motions. Like if she is on her side, she can't lift her head very high. Definately going to have to take her back to the vet.

Like I said I was told she had an old injury because she almost bit a vet when she pressed on one spot of her back. The lady wanted to do a couple hundred dollar massage several times a month. I'll talk to the doctor today. I really don't believe this is from the surgery anymore. Thanks for the support. She does have a very "drunk" walk.