Suds....8 Stitches Later

Still not sure what happened but he probably got clipped by a tooth while they were playing. It didn't look bad last night after I cleaned it. Not too bad looking this morning. The puncture wound is the small dark red area to the left. The area to the right is just blood on the fur:

beforestitches.jpg

Then...I cleaned it this morning and got a closer look:

booboo.jpg

This is how it looks now:

stitches.jpg

Here is how he feels. You can see the wound on the side of his neck:

misery.jpg

Oh ouch! That looks so sore. Sending gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Poor Suds. Give him a scritch and extra cookie from me. :dogcookie

I was petting one of my dogs the other night and felt a lump (with something hard at the base of it) on her shoulder. I know it wasn't there the day before, and the dreaded "C" crossed my mind. Our vet took a look at her and decided to do surgery. There was a small piece of stick, about 3/4" long at the base of the lump. There was lots of infection too. I have no idea when this happened. She's a light colored dog, and I'm sure I would have noticed any blood. Anyhoo, my point is that puncture wounds can be nasty, and it's a good thing you took Suds in, even though he probably isn't too happy right now. Better safe than sorry!!!

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

OUCH!! It looks so sore... poor baby! Sending hugs and love and tummy rubs. Hope he gets better soon! :grouphug:kong

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest Brandy_b

Wow it sure doesnt take long for a small tear to get worse!!! Poor baby, hopefully he will get better soon.........it helps if you spoil them extra you know ;)

<3 Brandy & Caliloka

Poor Sweetie. It always amazes me how much worse you have to make a booboo look to get it to heal right. Lucy jumped through a rose bush and had a small wound kind of like Suds, and when we left the vet, it looked like the after too. We don't have rose bushes any more. :rolleyes:

Give Suds an extra cookie or two and he will feel better tomorrow. :D

It doesn't take much, does it? Hope Suds is all healed up soon!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest Hollys2hounds

Sending lots of :grouphugs and :f_white.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Suds!!!

(and once the weather breaks a bit, would love to get together!)

Holly and gang