Lady Jane Grey

Guest VelvetEars

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GriffinsMom

I'm so sorry for your loss. Jane was a unique and special girl that brought much joy and love to you and your family. Godspeed Jane. Run free at the Bridge.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

I'm sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Run free sweetheart...there is no more sickness...no more pain at the Bridge. Kiss my girls for me honey. :grouphug My sympathy and prayers. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest rsqdogsmom

I have never read a more beautiful tribute to anyone.

Isn't it amazing how our one-of-a-kind heart-dogs find their true homes?

Lady Jane had waited just for you, her 'real' Mom.

Bless you for accepting her quirks and for loving her, NOT in spite of them but BECAUSE of them.

What an understanding husband you have to accept your bond, inconvenient though it must have been.

I pray that you both find comfort in her memories.

I never thought of "sunrise" and "sunset" in reference to our furkids' lives before reading your post.

That is EXACTLY what it is and so beautifully put by you.

That puts loss in its proper perspective.....FINALLY.

Thank you so much for that insight!

I will always remember your tribute to Lady Jane for letting me see the grace of the cycle of life and loss.

God Speed, Lady Jane.

:brokenheart:f_red:brokenheart

What a beautiful tribute for a special girl. You are a good momma.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

For whatever reason I remember a lot of Jane stories...her fight with the umbrella stand and her subsequent bandaging fiasco, and her more recent troubles. She was a really special girl and I'm really sorry that she's gone :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest TriciasZoo

Meredith, I am so so sorry. I know the pain, the ache in the chest, the tears. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You wrote a beautiful, fitting tribute, something I have yet to be able to do for Peatie.

Hugs and love,

Trish

Guest VelvetEars
For whatever reason I remember a lot of Jane stories...her fight with the umbrella stand and her subsequent bandaging fiasco, and her more recent troubles. She was a really special girl and I'm really sorry that she's gone :grouphug:f_white

I have to laugh, because this is always the stuff people remember about Jane. it's because her injuries were always so bizarre. She was not your typical greyhound! Seriously - who gets impaled on a plant stand at midnight?? And then is subsequently maimed by the eVet? Jane, of course! And the funny thing is, she recovered so beautifully. The hair in the rings around her body grew back - we weren't certain it would, given the extent of the damage to her skin. The only sign she was left with is where the plant stand impaled her, the hair grew back brown in an area about the size of a stretched out dime. Not terribly noticeable on a shiny black hound if you weren't looking for it.

I do appreciate all of your condolences and sympathy. Jane is why I came here, and Jane is why I will stay. I learned so much from her, and learned so much from all of you that helped me get through the harder times with her. And if there's anyone thinking of having to give up a hound with issues, who needs the other side of the story, you can point them my direction. I know what it's like to clean up poop in the house 3x/day, to deal with food and space and kid aggression, and to spend your savings repeatedly fixing a dog's bizarre injuries when you aren't even sure you like her sometimes. But I also know the immense reward of tough love and sticking with it.

However, I'm still not sleeping well. I can nap during the day (and have been) for about 2-3 hours, but at night, I just can't sleep, and when I do sleep, I wake up every 20-30 minutes. I'm going to try an ambien tonight, to see if that helps. I cry a lot. I can't take her collar out of my purse. If I could find a way to wear it, I would. I think for the time being, I'm going to put her tags on a necklace so I can have them close to me. I thought after her stroke, I was ready to lose her at any time, and that I'd be ok with it. I thought I was prepared. Ha. No way can anyone be truly prepared to say goodbye, no matter how much time you have to get ready.