Oklahomans

vjgrey

Can someone please recommend a good greyhound-friendly vet in the Oklahoma City area - preferably in Norman, but Moore, Edmond, Midwest City, etc... are fine?

Diamond has been yelping a lot over the past week or so. We've poked and prodded, and she hasn't shown any pain reaction anywhere, but after she randomly yelped, laid down and refused to eat standing up this morning (she did eat, lying down, when I put her bowl on the floor), I have to think it's more than just her being a drama queen.

She's not limping (in fact, she did zoomies in the exercise pen just last night), no lumps, bumps or sores that I can find, but she definitely seems to be in pain.

Is arthritis a possibility? She's only just turned four, but she did break her hock in August.

I don't want to wait until the weekend for her to see her regular (Kansas) vet, so if someone could recommend a good one near Norman I'd be really grateful.

Also, lots of good thoughts and prayers for my precious girl, please. I'm worried about her.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest NeedleNoseLuvR

Hi, I'm here in the OKC area and I use Dr. Todd Mauldin or Dr. Jeff Henderson at Britton Road Veterinary Clinic, 2826 W. Britton Road, OKC (The Village) 751-8007.

I know Dr. Mauldin recieved his degree from Colorado State Univ. and I think Dr. Henderson did too. Over the years they have treated my salukis and greyhounds. Tell them Lyn Pearce recommended them.

The below link is for Hounds of the Heartland, GPA Oklahoma, at the bottom of the page is their list of recommended vets. One of them might be closer to you.

http://www.greyhoundpetsok.org/aboutus.html

I hope Diamond gets better soon and the problem turns out to be nothing serious.

Thank you all so much. I took her to Gentle Care Animal Hospital in Edmond, because they agreed to see her right away. The vet and staff were very, very kind to us.

It's almost certainly a problem with her neck. She received a steroid shot and some rhymadil, and we'll reevaluate in a few days.

She's asleep next to me now and seems to be feeling a little better (though the hamburger I bought her as a treat might also have something to do with that!)

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest DaiyesDad

I am glad you were able to get in somewhere right away. Dr Chris at Gentle care is a wonderful vet who loves to work with greyhounds. He is the Vet that did all the work with Remus and Dora when they were in such horrible shape. He donates a lot of his time to help our group.

Here he is with Remus and Dora when they were still very sick.

IMG_0441.jpg

I am sorry to hear about Diamond's neck, but hopefully it is not anything serious. I think the best thing is to give her lots and lots of :kiss2 and :cookie