Vomiting & Diarreah

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Guest Spencers_Greyt

This morning at 1:30am my foster Clyde was vomiting and had liquid diarreah. I gave him Immodium and a piece of bread and today he seems to be normal.

Now Spencer is vomiting and has liquid diarreah. I gave him a Pepcid 10mg at 5:15pm and it's now 7:50pm. Around 6pm he vomited again so I'm not sure if the Pepcid got in his system or not.

My question is should I give him Immodium and/or Pepto or another Pepcid? He's pretty miserable.

What concerns me is if there is something in my house that is making them sick. Spencer and Clyde eat different brands of food but the same treats which is Science Diet Oral Care kibble. I'll dump those just in case. I'm really at a loss here and besides that my Airedale girl Emmy was sick as well but the vet thinks she had a seizure of some sort - no vomiting or diarreah from her just tired and listless.

Anyway, any help is appreciated!

You could give him another pepcid -- sometimes I give 20mg as a dose anyways, so it won't hurt him if the first 10mg got in his system and you give him another.

If he vomits again, I'd get him to the vet. It does sound like something going around your house, tho.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You could give him another pepcid -- sometimes I give 20mg as a dose anyways, so it won't hurt him if the first 10mg got in his system and you give him another.

If he vomits again, I'd get him to the vet. It does sound like something going around your house, tho.

I agree with Batmom on the vet trip.

Pepcid is for acid indigestion and heartburn and Immodium is for diarrhea, so it depends on which symptom you are treating.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest VelvetEars

I'd pull them off everything for a few days and switch to plain chicken or boiled hamburger and rice, just to let everything settle down (once the vomiting has stopped). At the very least it will give their systems a rest. It could be something like a virus. They could have eaten something (something from the trash?) that didn't agree w/ them. It's hard to say. Watch their water intake to try to prevent dehydration.