Jane's In Bad Shape - Admitted To Hospital

Guest VelvetEars

Guest GiJenn51

See if they'll do a payment plan, and ask for a real honest opinion. You know your baby the best, but they can help sometimes.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm praying for your sweet Jane and for her dr. and you as you face this tough situation :hope:grouphug

With no hesitation, my vet put me on a payment plan when Daisy had her big surgery two years ago; they will work with you, just let them know.

:grouphug

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Just seeing this. I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest StriderDog

I am so so so sorry. If there's anything I can do, let me know. If Jackson needs a friend, Strider is always waiting by the phone for just such an occasion.

There is never any guarantee when a surgery is done on anyone. I would ask the vet what would she/he do if this was their dog. As others have mentioned, there is Care Credit. Care Credit link

Sending prayers to Jane. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Alex was in a similar situation a few months ago. Age was not on his side (11) but he has a real mean streak that kept him fighting, literally. We were told without surgery that he had no chance and with maybe 50%. It was a tough decision and he was in a lot of pain but we knew either way we would probably loose him so we took a chance and said good-bye before the surgery just in case. Eight days in a critical care unit and lots of prayers later he came home more rotten (spoiled that is) than ever. Every situation is so different. You know your girl. Whatever happens or whatever decisions you make, don't second guess yourself. Your decisions will be made out of love and Jane knows that. Continuing to send many prayers your way.

Prayers for you to find some answers. I'm so sorry you have to face this decision. Hopefully the vets can help you make this decision, especially your childhood friend. Hugs and pain-free thoughts for Jane.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Our positive thoughts are with you and Jane.

Please update,

Gillian

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

Guest VelvetEars

sorry guys - was called in to the hospital for a birth (which ended up being a waste of time, because she didn't really need/want me - not sure why she asked for a doula to begin with. she hadn't delivered when i left). I've talked things over w/ my family, prayed a lot, and have made arrangements to say goodbye. She is in a lot of pain, and she has been through so much. The vet said it doesn't look good even w/ the surgery, and my gut is telling me that it's time. We were blessed with almost 6 months that we didn't think we would have after her stroke, and it would be selfish of me to put her through another long and difficult recovery that may not even happen. It's not about the money. I would do surgery in a heartbeat if I truly believed it was what was best for her.

I am taking Jackson with me to say goodbye, and my mom is meeting us there - she was with me when I adopted Jane, and Jane has been like her "extra" grandchild. Jane's gotcha day would have been in about 6 weeks.....we were blessed to have had her for nearly 5 years, many of them challenging but ultimately rewarding. I will post more tomorrow - probably will not be in the mood to post tonight after I get home. I suspect it will be all I can do to take a shower and go to bed with my kleenex. Thank you all for your well wishes, prayers, and encouragement. It means so much to know that all of you are w/ me in spirit.

Meredith-

I'm just now seeing this. I'm so sorry to hear about Jane. She's truly a special girl and was meant to be with you.

She couldn't have a better mom.

Let me know if you need anything.

Kelly

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Meredith I am so sorry. I am sending up prayers for your safe arrival...a sweet goodbye. She understands more than any of us....when life is no longer any fun, they don't want to be here. Her journey is done...but she's leaving the door open.

:gh_lay